Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed!
- AdventureLink has carefully handpicked the tour operators in our portfolio to give you the best possible selection and experience
- AdventureLink does not pay the operator until your trip completes in order to ensure the highest possible standard of care
Primary Activities: Parks & Nature Reserves
Other Activities:Rail, Rainforest, river-cruise, Urban Exploration
San Francisco, United States
Monterey, United States
California, here we come! Our family California travel adventure takes you from the Golden State's shining seas to its giant trees as you explore San Francisco, Yosemite National Park and the Monterey Peninsula together. Cruise under the Golden Gate Bridge and discover "the city by the bay" from a hotel at Fisherman's Wharf. Learn a lot about the world around us under the "living roof" of the California Academy of Sciences. Go back to the Gold Rush era, then see cutting-edge energy technology for the 21st century. You'll be awed by Yosemite... and the awesome activities you'll enjoy in and around the park, including a moonlight dinner train ride in Sierra National Forest. On the Monterey Peninsula, visit the amazing Monterey Bay Aquarium and choose a walking tour of Old Monterey, a bike ride or a kayak adventure. It's all part of your family's unforgettable California travel experience from Tauck Bridges!
- Cruise San Francisco Bay, the golden gateway to the Pacific Ocean, by catamaran; ride the hills from Chinatown to Coit Tower and down the crookedest street in the world to family fun on Fishermens Wharf
- See the largest trees on Earth at Mariposa Grove & learn how life on the planet developed at the California Academy of Sciences
- Explore mountains, waterfalls & meadows in Yosemite; take a moonlit train ride and join a campfire sing along
- Behind-the-scenes tour of the Monterey Bay Aquarium; kayak, bike or walk along lovely Monterey Bay
Important Trip Details:
- Recommended age: 8+
- Included activities: Please refer to the itinerary tab to find out what handpicked included activities have been selected for this trip.
- Accommodation: This trip uses all hotel accommodations with private baths. Our standard is to provide the best available hotels without sacrificing value. Although the quality may differ slightly from place to place, our commitment to your comfort is unwavering. Two-bedded rooms are reserved in most hotels. Triples and quadruples are usually accommodated in two-bedded rooms with a rollaway cot or a sofa bed, when available. For safety and security purposes, children 18 years of age and under must be booked into a room with at least one accompanying adult; exceptions may be granted under certain circumstances with parental consent. Quadruple accommodations are not available for four adults. Please refer to the itinerary section of this trip for details about the individual accommodation selected for this trip.
- Note: We cannot guarantee adjacent, adjoining or connecting rooms. We will do all that we can to secure rooms next to one another or connecting when possible. A hotel may consider adjacent to be across the hall.