Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed!
- AdventureLink has carefully handpicked the tour operators in our portfolio to give you the best possible selection and experience
- AdventureLink does not pay the operator until your trip completes in order to ensure the highest possible standard of care
Primary Activities: Local Culture & Cuisine, Sightseeing
Other Activities:River & Canal Cruising, Camel Rides, Bird Watching, Deserts, Waterfalls, Architecture, tribal dance, Swimming, Wildlife, Local Markets, walking, indigenous tribes, river boating
Senegal, The Gambia, Burkina Faso, Benin, Togo, Ghana – wherever you travel in West Africa, an optimism and generosity of spirit is always present. You’ll be moved by this adventure in some of the world’s most unusual places among the continent’s most welcoming people.
Why we love it
- Visit Ouidah and learn about the origins of Voodoo – keep an eye out for white flags that identify Voodoo practitioners
- Visit the colourful markets of Dakar and the magical island-city of Saint-Louis – the former French colonial capital of Senegal
- Stretch your legs on an excursion to Dindefelo Falls which plunges 100 metres into a deep pool perfect for a refreshing swim
- A riverboat excursion down the Gambia river to Wassu, site of the mysterious Wassu Stone Circles.
- Experience the unique and distinctive flavours of west African cuisine
- Bird lovers paradise with trips to Pendjari National Park (Parc National de la Pendjari) boasting 300 species of bird, Jangjang-bureh and Djoudj National Park which is home flamingos, pelicans and nearly 400 species of birds
- Take a camel ride in the Lompoul Desert and sleep in a stylish Mauritanian Bedouin-style tent