Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed!
- AdventureLink has carefully handpicked the tour operators in our portfolio to give you the best possible selection and experience
- AdventureLink does not pay the operator until your trip completes in order to ensure the highest possible standard of care
Primary Activities: Rafting
Other Activities:Hiking, Wildlife, nature, Local Culture, History
Activity Level:Intermediate, Basic
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Enjoy a cultural tour of Sarajevo - one of Europe's loveliest and most interesting cities, Banja Luka and Mostar, combined with three separate days of rafting on the Tara, Vrbas and Neretva rivers. Hike through thick beech forests to Skakavac waterfall and to the medieval highland village of Umoljani in the heart of the Dinaric Alps.
One of Europe’s last hidden secrets—Bosnia is a country with diverse landscapes including a mass of emerald green mountains intricately divided with never-ending over and underground rivers. Bosnia borders Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro creating a spectacular mix of cultures which can be seen in the diversity of the architecture (and more). Home to the 2009 World Rafting Championships, Bosnia has some of the most impressive whitewater in Europe. This unique itinerary combines a cultural look at Bosnia and Herzegovina with three days of rafting. Spectacular canyons, lush vegetation, tributary waterfalls of varying volumes and fun Class II-IV whitewater make this an adventure not to be missed.
Geographically, the country resembles the shape of a heart reflecting the nature of its people. Expect to be treated like family by the locals who have shown warm hospitality to travelers and strangers throughout history.
This Trip Includes:
- Tour Sarajevo often called the "Jerusalem of Europe"
- Explore the “Grand Canyon” of the Balkans while rafting the Tara River
- Hike through the Dinaric Alps to Lukomir and Umoljani
- Travel to Banja Luka & raft the Vrbas River
- Visit Jajce, the former residence of Bosnian kings, en route to Mostar
- Whitewater rafting on the wild & pristine Neretva River, also called the “Emerald of Herzegovina"
- Skilled professional tour leader with specialist local guides in Sarajevo, Mostar, Jayce and Banja Luka
- 8 nights lodging (based on double occupancy) with breakfasts
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary (B‐breakfast, L‐lunch, D‐dinner)
- All activities, instruction and related equipment as outlined in the itinerary;
- Expedition equipment including high‐quality inflatable rafts, paddle, personal flotation device, helmet, and waterproof bag for personal items on the rafting trip
- Ground transportation as outlined in the itinerary
Some of the best rafting in Europe is in Bosnia! The World Rafting Championships were held here in 2009 with many international teams competing from more than thirty countries. The Neretva River is rated as one of the most beautiful whitewater rivers in the world. The Rakitnica Canyon, a tributary gorge to the Neretva, is the most unexplored in Europe while the Tara River Gorge is the deepest in Europe! Spectacular canyons, lush vegetation, tributary waterfalls of varying volumes, and fun (and exciting) Class II‐IV (weather level dependant) whitewater make this an activity and adventure not to be missed while visiting Bosnia.
Minimum Age: 10 Yrs