Best of Myanmar
Visit: Yangon, Bagan, Bagan/Myaing, Myaing, Mandalay, Kalaw, Inle Lake, Yangon
Tour Type: Small Group
- Get acquainted with Myanmar on a tour of downtown Yangon. Truly an incredible city, Yangon is packed with pagodas, giant Buddhas and countless historical sites
- See the most beautiful religious sites in Myanmar, including the Shwedagon in Yangon, Shwesandaw in Bagan, the Shwe Yan Pyae (Teak Monastery) in Nyaungshwe and many more
- Touring the ancient city of Bagan by bicycle is a magical way to see the place. You'll have convenient and leisurely access to thousands of temples, stupas and pagodas.
- Get off the tourist track and enjoy a uniquely local experience at the community lodge outside of Myaing. This innovative ActionAid project is the first community-based accommodation in the area, with meals and activities provided by local villagers. Read more about it here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/community-based-tourism-cbt-myanmar/
- A full day of walking through the hills and villages of Kalaw may require a bit of energy, but it's one of the highlights of the trip. Get up-close and personal with the culture of rural Myanmar.
- See Inle Lake by boat, and marvel at the floating gardens, stilt villages, and local industries. Stop in for a local lunch at a villages on the lake.
Product Code: 128208
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Boat,Private vehicle,Plane,Bicycle
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Yangon, Myanmar
Finishes: Yangon, Myanmar
Duration: 15 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (14), Lunch (3), Dinner (2)
Accommodation: Hotel (12 nights),Community Lodge (2 nights)
Price person (sharing double) $2,121 ($141/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Of the 7 Intrepid tours, and some of my own personal travel, I've declared this the best trip yet! Joseph was wonderful - very informative, organised, friendly and a fantastic sense of humor
Wrong time of the year to be visiting this country as it was too hot to really enjoy the experience fully. Whilst there are allowances to be made for an 'emerging' destination and I understand from many reports that accommodation is an ongoing challenge, two accommodation choices should be reviewed; The rat infested Asia Plaza Hotel in Yangon and the boat used for the river cruise. ( see section below) The tour on the whole covered all the must see sights and was well organised by our tour leader. Our tour leader, mr Ko Ko Aye, was very efficient, mature and personable.... He made sure each person was ok during the trip. Very well organised. Personable. Mature. Capable.
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking