Grand Canyon Rim to River Hiker
Visit: Flagstaff, Grand Canyon, Flagstaff
Tour Type: Small Group
Activity: Walking Tour
- Hike along the Island Trail in Walnut Canyon
- Visit Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument
- Explore ruins at Wupatki National Monument
- Hike the South Kaibab Trail into the Grand Canyon
- Spend one night at Phantom Ranch
- Hike out of the Canyon on the Bright Angel Trail
Product Code: 143907
Tour Type: Small Group
Guide Language: english
Starts: Flagstaff, United States
Finishes: Flagstaff, United States
Duration: 4 days
Physical rating: Demanding
- Round trip transportation by van from Flagstaff
- Skilled, professional, experienced hiking guide(s)
- Meals as outlined in the itinerary
- 40-oz Klean Kanteen water bottle
- One duffel to pack your gear for the trip (maximum 15lbs per person)
- Round trip transport of one duffel per person by mule between the South Rim and Phantom Ranch
- Overnight at Phantom Ranch in a dorm room (bunk beds, air cooled, shower, sink and toilet facilities)
- Two nights lodging at the South Rim (based on double occupancy)
- Site entrance fees
- Transportation to and from Flagstaff
- Grand Canyon National Park Entrance Fee*
- Single supplement $200
- Pre- and post-trip accommodations and meals
- Items of a personal nature (an equipment list provided below)
- Insurance of any kind, including travel insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Meals not included in itinerary
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
This hike from Rim to Rim of the Grand Canyon with overnights at the bottom was all that we expected and more. I would recommend this to friends at anytime.
This was a strenuous and challenging adventure, but completely worth it. Seeing the canyon up close was phenomenal, and the guides did a great job organizing the trip, and making it both fun and informative.
The hike was beautiful and challenging. The guides, Addi and Maria, were the best. They were so patient and made the trip so much more fun than it might have been. They and the trip surpassed my expectations. The food was amazing and there was a lot of it, including the huge variety of snacks provided while trekking. Accommodations were very clean and pleasant. This trip lacked nothing.
This was an amazing trip. Hiking to the bottom of the Grand Canyon was on my bucket list. Doing it with them was definitely the way to go. The guides handled everything. Dakshina had an encyclopedic knowlege of the geology, the flora and the fauna of the Canyon and was delighted to share it with the group. It was super hot (July) and our guides ensured that everyone in the group knew what they needed to do keep from getting overheated. Joe ran ahead when we were almost to Phantom Ranch and met us at the lodge with lemonade cups so that we could all have a cold cup of lemonade as soon as we arrived. You need to be in good physical shape to do this hike. Our group had a variety of skill levels and we all stayed together. One guide in the front and the other in the back of the group and they switched off during the day.
Susana the Nurse
I have done this hike and stay at Phantom Ranch on my own, but really enjoyed the trip with knowledgable guides, organized schedule and being taken care of every step of the way. Being on an Adventure Tour offered reassurance of an expert guide and security of their planning for any emergency.
Throughly enjoyed the hike down the views were ah iinspiring only to be matched with the views on the way up. Our guide Jason was outstanding, knowledgable and engaging.
In Business Since 1969
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking