Best of Ireland and Scotland
Visit: Dublin, Cork, Killarney, Galway, Londonderry, Glasgow, Inverness, Edinburgh
Tour Type: Group Tour
- Ardgowan: Sir Ludovic Shaw-Stewart welcomes you with a tour of his property, set on a 10,000-acre coastal estate. Learn of the histories of the area, the Shaw Stewart family and the house, followed by the delightful and elegant tradition of a Scottish high tea.
- Highlands: Sample a ‘wee dram’ and learn the fascinating process of whisky production at the Glen Ord Distillery.
- Edinburgh: An unforgettable Celebration Dinner sees you dining at the stylish Galvin Brasserie de Luxe, located in the heart of Edinburgh's West End. Your grand finale Celebration Dinner is a mouthwatering meal of modern-Scottish cuisine with a Parisian twist, and is of course served with wine.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfasts (B), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT), 5 Dinners (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Dublin: Enjoy VIP priority entrance to the Book of Kells and a guided walk though Trinity College with a university insider.
- Kildare: Join an equine professional for a behind-the-scenes look at the Irish National Stud. Then visit the finest Japanese Gardens in Europe, for a ‘journey through life' as you wander by the beautiful floral displays.
- Waterford: Meet a master craftsperson and see the showroom on your guided tour of the House of Waterford.
- Killarney: A local Jarvey informs you of the history, legend and folklore of Killarney aboard a famous jaunting car ride.
- Londonderry: What better way to experience sightseeing than with one of Northern Ireland's best storytellers, Ronan, as he walks with you inside the city walls. See the Georgian houses of Shipquay Street on your way to the Gothic Guildhall.
- Dublin: Located in the heart of the docklands, the Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane is walking distance from Dublin city centre shopping and iconic venues.
- Killarney: In the heart of the town centre, the Killarney Plaza Hotel and Spa overlooks Killarney National Park and is the perfect location to enjoy the stunning scenery and the local 'craic.'
- Killarney: The 4-Star Killarney Avenue Hotel echoes old-world charm and is located in the heart of downtown Killarney.
- Glasgow: The Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow features award-winning architecture, boasting a stunning atrium and rooms with wall-to-ceiling windows.
- Ballygally: Ballygally Castle is a stunning 17th century castle which overlooks the golden sands of the bay and offers excellent facilities.
- Inverness: Originally the mansion of a prominent local family, today the Kingsmills Hotel is a luxury accommodation in the heart of the Highlands. Renovated with contemporary rooms, the hotel is well-known for it's impeccable hospitality.
- Edinburgh: Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is situated in Edinburgh’s beautiful old town, within walking distance of the Scottish Parliament building.
- Edinburgh: A hush descends and eyes turn to the castle. The skirl of the pipes rises and drums crack the night air as a tide of tunics and tartan flood from the drawbridge. For a limited time in August, witness the incredible spectacle of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
- Dublin: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the Custom House, Guinness Storehouse, Dublin Castle and the Georgian townhouses as you travel down O'Connell Street and along the River Liffey.
- Waterford: Explore the town and see Reginald’s Tower and the remains of the city walls.
- Cork: Your Travel Director will show you the Grand Parade and South Mall, along with City Hall and the Opera House.
- Blarney Castle: It is said that those who kiss the Blarney Stone are bestowed with the power to persuade, flatter and coax. But to do so, you must dangle from the ramparts!
- Killarney: Enjoy hearing of the history of Killarney during your city orientation.
- Ring of Kerry: Venture into a world of towering cliffs, lush lakelands and villages, as you travel the magical Ring of Kerry.
- Cliffs of Moher: Look out over the Wild Atlantic Way from these majestic cliffs.
- Galway: Enjoy an orientation tour of the many landmarks in Galway such as the Lynch Memorial, Church of St. Nicholas, Spanish Arch and Eyre Square.
- Sligo: Learn all about this coastal town in an orientation as you take in the scenery.
- Drumcliffe: Visit the final resting place of Irish poet William Butler Yeats.
- Giant's Causeway: Steeped in legend, the awe-inspiring coastal scenery is a spectacle to behold.
- Ballygally: Explore this seaside town with your Travel Director.
- Larne: Board your ferry to cross the Irish Sea to Cairnryan.
- Glasgow: During your orientation with your Travel Director, drive past the civic buildings and St. Mungo’s Cathedral.
- Fort William: Enjoy an excellent view of Ben Nevis from the World War II Commando Memorial.
- Loch Ness: Soak up the scenery and hear intriguing tales of Nessie during a cruise.
- Inverness: See the sights during your orientation of the city with your Travel Director.
- Highlands: During your exploration of the Highlands, find out why the Battle of Culloden changed the Highland way of life forever at the Culloden Moor Visitor Centre.
- Highlands: Visit the prehistoric burial Cairns of Clava.
- St. Andrews: Visit the university town where the famous beach scene from 'Chariots of Fire' was filmed and see the golf course where the sport was created.
- Edinburgh: Your Local Expert walks with you inside the walls of the Edinburgh Castle to view the Scottish Crown Jewels, the Stone of Destiny and Mons Meg.
- Edinburgh: Continue to explore the city with your Local Expert as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the Queen, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Scenic Drives: Ireland and Scotland boast some of the most spectacular scenery. Relax and take it all in you travel the Ring of Kerry, through Connemara, along the Antrim Coast and Ayrshire Coast, past Loch Lomond, Glencoe and Loch Ness, along Culloden Moor and past the Grampian Mountains.
Product Code: 239010
Tour Type: Group Tour
Guide Language: Engligh
Travel Styles: Family, Seniors (55+), Luxury
Starts: Dublin, Ireland
Finishes: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Duration: 14 days
Physical rating: Basic
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Price person (sharing double) $4,067 ($290/day)
$200 per person for bookings made 45 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 45 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
In Business Since 1980
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking