Bhutan: Dragon Kingdom
Visit: Thimphu, Paro
Tour Type: Small Group
- Bhutan is perhaps the most mysterious and diverse of all the Himalayan kingdoms, where for centuries a traditional Buddhist culture has thrived in isolation from the rest of the world.
- It is a land of contrast - with lush forested valleys, fortified monasteries, sacred mountains, art and architecture unique to the region.
- The captial Thimphu is charming and serene, a delight to explore.
- The opportunity to explore the rural lifestyle and architecture of Bhutan via the beautiful Punakha and Haa Valleys
- Visiting Taktsang (the Tiger's Nest) - a small monastery clinging to a rocky cliff 900 metres above the valley floor in Paro is truly a highlight.
- Your 2 night 'feature stay' in Paro was envisioned and created by a local Bhutanese company, combining traditional elaborate hand-carved wooden cornices, masterful stonework, and modern amenities.
Product Code: 144701
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Private vehicle
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Thimphu, Bhutan
Finishes: Paro, Bhutan
Duration: 9 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (8), Lunch (7), Dinner (8)
Accommodation: Comfortable Hotel (6 nights),Paro Spa Hotel Feature Stay (2 nights)
Price person (sharing double) $3,795 ($422/day)
$600 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
This was an amazing trip with a good balance of culture, temples, shopping, hiking and travelling time. Our bus driver was excellent and made us feel very safe. We learnt a lot about the history and culture of the country from our knowledgeable guide. There were plenty of great photographic opportunities.
See Bhutan now before it changes too much . It is close to shangra- la for it's natural beauty . Good food and lovely warm people
Peregrine AdventuresOur name stems from the word 'Peregrinate’, meaning to migrate, walk or take a pilgrimage – very fitting for our beginnings as a trekking company. Since our inception, we've broadened our horizons and now offer small group journeys in over 80 countries across all seven continents, which can be enjoyed by anyone with an enquiring mind who enjoys getting off the beaten track (without forgoing some of the comforts of home).
In Business Since 1977
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking