Central America Encompassed
Visit: Mexico City, Puebla, Oaxaca, Oaxaca , Oaxaca / Overnight Bus, San Cristobal de las Casas, Palenque, Palenque Ruins / Merida, Merida, Chichen Itza / Playa del Carmen, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Caye Caulker, San Ignacio, Tikal, Rio Dulce, Antigua, Chichicastenango / San Jorge La Laguna, Lake Atitlan / Panajachel , Antigua
Tour Type: Small Group
- This overland adventure covers big parts of Mexico, Belize and Guatemala, allowing you to see some of the best of Central America
- You've never seen true colour until you've been to a Mexican market. Practice your bargaining skills, snap some photos and pick up traditional handicrafts at the markets in multiple destinations
- Escape the Mexican heat in San Cristobal de las Casas. This old-world town is surrounded by ancient tribal villages that have retained their traditional customs and roots
- Chichen Itza is one the New Seven Wonders of the World. It's not hard to see why - strolling around the ancient Mayan ruins feels pretty wondrous
- A few days on Caye Caulker provides the perfect opportunity to enjoy laidback island vibes and exceptional snorkelling on the nearby reefs
- A homestay in San Jorge La Laguna invites you to connect with a local family. Sit down for breakfast and dinner with your hosts and work on improving your Spanish
- Visiting the colourful Mayan villages surrounding Lake Atitlan in the Guatemalan Highlands is a humbling experience
Product Code: 128028
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Private minibus,Local bus,Ferry,Overnight bus,Metro
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Mexico City, Belize
Finishes: Antigua, Belize
Duration: 31 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (1), Dinner (1)
Accommodation: Hotel (25 nights),Overnight bus (1 night),Camping with facilities (1 night),Multishare Lodge (2 night),Homestay (1 night)
Price person (sharing double) $2,320 ($75/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Personalize itinerary with your departure date
One of the best experiences of my life.
Central America Encompassed met all our expectations. The local people we met were very appreciative of us visiting their country and welcomed us. The history and the sites of the Maya were fascinating.
While this is a basix tour there are lots of optional activities suggested - this means a lot of great experiences but don't be afraid to go it alone from time to time. Pace yourself with the optionals as they add up in terms of budget and endurance over 31 days!
We become family when we travel in a small group. We share travel experiences and each other's company. Those who had a great time were the ones who were willing to BE WITH the group, and not always choose to do their own private activity alone. Of course there are always options, but the real fun is the people with whom you share the Intrepid travel life.
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking