Central America Explorer
Visit: Mexico City, Puebla, Oaxaca, Oaxaca , Oaxaca / Overnight Bus, San Cristobal de las Casas, Palenque, Palenque Ruins / Merida, Merida, Chichen Itza / Playa del Carmen, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Caye Caulker, San Ignacio, Tikal, Rio Dulce, Antigua, Chichicastenango / San Jorge La Laguna, Lake Atitlan / Panajachel , Antigua, Copan, Suchitoto, El Cuco, Leon, Granada, Ometepe Island, Monteverde, La Fortuna, San Jose
Tour Type: Small Group
- Discover Central America, a land of mysterious Mayan ruins, active volcanoes, idyllic beaches and emerald jungles. See the sights and engage in a wide range of optional activities across eight different countries on this epic Latin adventure.
- Whether its slumbering on the sands of Playa del Carmen, gazing at the pyramids of Tikal or haggling in the markets of Chichicastenango, you'll experience multiple sides of Central America.
- You've never seen true colour until you've been to a Mexican market. Practice your bargaining skills, snap some photos and pick up traditional handicrafts at the markets in multiple destinations.
- Chichen Itza is one the New Seven Wonders of the World. It's not hard to see why - strolling around the ancient Mayan ruins feels pretty wondrous.
- A few days on Caye Caulker provides the perfect opportunity to enjoy laidback island vibes and exceptional snorkelling on the nearby reefs.
- A homestay in San Jorge La Laguna invites you to connect with a local family. Sit down for breakfast and dinner with your hosts and work on improving your Spanish.
- Experience an El Salvador of the past in the colonial town of Suchitoto, before savouring the blissful present on the black-sand beaches along its Pacific Coast.
- Hike, cycle or zip-line through the steamy cloud forests of Monteverde in Costa Rica. Get up close to nature among the hundreds of mammal, bird and plant species that call this place home.
Product Code: 128029
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Private minibus,Local bus,Ferry,Overnight bus,Metro,Boat
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Mexico City, Belize
Finishes: San Jose, Belize
Duration: 47 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (1), Dinner (1)
Accommodation: Hotel (39 nights),Camping with facilities (1 night),Multishare Lodge (2 night),Lodge (2 nights),Overnight bus (1 night),Homestay (1 night)
Price person (sharing double) $3,516 ($75/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Personalize itinerary with your departure date
A great trip that covers so much ground in a short time!
Learn some of the language.
A great trip for people to enjoy what Central America has to offer without the hassle of organising everything!
The only negative was spending too much time at restaurants for lunch, instead a snack would do and reach our destination earlier, so we could explore the new area.
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking