Visit: Shanghai, Shanghai - Xitang, Xitang - Overnight train, Xi'an, Great Wall , Great Wall - Beijing, Beijing
Tour Type: Small Group
- This is our most popular trip in China and one of the top trips from the entire Intrepid range. The trip may be quick, but it is packed full of experiences that will give you a great insight into China in a short time.
- In addition to the main highlights in the big cities of Beijing, Xi'an and Shanghai, you'll get a glimpse of small-town life in Xitang and a taste of the countryside when we stay near the Great Wall.
- Our small group size allows us to explore destinations on foot together, eat in authentic local restaurants, travel by subway and train, and escape the tourist traps - all under the expert guidance of a passionate local leader.
- Spend the night in a charming, family-run guesthouse near the Great Wall. Learn how to make dumplings for dinner and see this iconic structure without the masses.
- Stay overnight in Xitang, a water town just outside of Shanghai. Imagine a way of life lost long ago as you explore the narrow alleys and canals after the daytrippers go home.
- Like everything it does, China’s ancient history is on an epic scale. No matter how many guide books you have read, nothing truly prepares you for the grandeur and immensity of sights like the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square and the Terracotta Army (or thousands of local tourists at the Forbidden City!).
Product Code: 128292
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Overnight Sleeper Train,Private Vehicle,Public Bus,High Speed Train,Subway
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Shanghai, China
Finishes: Beijing, China
Duration: 9 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (1), Lunch (1), Dinner (1)
Accommodation: Hotel (6 nights),Overnight Sleeper Train (1 night),Guesthouse (1 night)
Price person (sharing double) $1,232 ($137/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
A great experience, no grumbles Very approachable and enthusiastic, no problems everything went smoothly, good organization and everything explained clearly. Spoke excellent English.
Bottom line - whole thing worked well, no drama, good group, good leader and Chinese (mostly!) very nice. 'Gina' was a good leader - she suffered a little by having a couple of 'groupies' from the previous tour who seemed to hang around with her whenever the group was left to explore an area. Not her fault but something for her perhaps to be aware of. But really only a minor comment.
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking