China Real Food Adventure
Visit: Chengdu, Emeishan, Overnight Train, Xi'an, Overnight Train, Beijing, Shanghai
Tour Type: Small Group
- Embrace the tastes of four of China's most important food regions – from the imperial cuisine of Beijing, to the Muslim-influenced food of Xi'an, the spicy Sichuan flavours of Chengdu and the international melting pot of Shanghai.
- Nothing beats the flavour of Peking Duck in the city where this iconic dish was born, so treat yourself to a feast with your group in Beijing.
- Savour the spicy flavours of Sichuan, like the fiery, tingling, tongue-numbing sensation of the famous Sichuan Pepper at Chengu’s spice market.
- Get a hands-on experience with everyone’s favourite Chinese specialties – dumplings – as you learn to make them in Shanghai, China's unofficial dumpling capital.
- Hand pick a variety of fresh seafood from a famous local fish market and have several regional dishes prepared on the spot for tasting.
Product Code: 133592
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Train,Private vehicle,Public Bus,Subway,Overnight Sleeper Train
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Chengdu, China
Finishes: Shanghai, China
Duration: 12 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (4), Lunch (4), Dinner (4)
Accommodation: Guesthouse (1 night),Hotel (8 nights),Overnight Sleeper Train (2 nights)
Price person (sharing double) $2,535 ($211/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
William did an amazing job, and we can't imagine having done the trip without him. His knowledge, enthusiasm, experience and organisational skills, not to mention a great sense of humour, made the trip stress-free and enjoyable.
Great experience but was hoping for more hands-on cooking opportunities in each city. William was fantastic! He picked great restaurants and always provided delicious selections.
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking