Delhi to Kathmandu
Visit: Delhi, Agra, Agra - Orchha, Orchha, Orchha - Overnight train, River Ganges, Varanasi, India/Nepal border crossing - Lumbini, Chitwan National Park, Kathmandu
Tour Type: Small Group
- Travel on foot and by cycle rickshaw to the heart of Old Delhi, where ancient temples stand against billboards advertising Bollywood blockbusters.
- Bigger and more beautiful than any photo can capture, the Taj Mahal is a triumph of Mughal architecture that promises to inspire even the weariest travellers.
- Learn to whip up some central Indian staples during a cooking demonstration at home with our friends in Orchha, the perfect opportunity to experience an authentic slice of Indian family life.
- Learn about the Hindu, Sikh and Buddhist religions as you're immersed in the culture, sights and smells of India and Nepal.
- Spend an evening ‘glamping’ in a cool and comfortable permanent tented camp in Orchha, a peaceful contrast to the chaotic overnight train.
- See pilgrims praying and bathing along the ghats of the sacred Ganges River during an unforgettable sunrise cruise in Varanasi, one of India's holiest cities.
- Rise in the cool half-light of dawn and watch the sunrise while you glide over the River Ganges on a small riverboat.
- Join pilgrims during a visit to the birthplace of Gautama Buddha, where evidence of a shrine dated before 550 BC was uncovered in 2013.
- Stay in a lodge and wake to the calls of the jungle in Chitwan National Park, then embark on a jeep or canoe safari (season depending) in search of rhino, deer, monkeys and a wide array of bird life.
- From flamboyant, hidden temples and colourful prayer flags to rich cultural heritage and delicious cuisine, you'll soon discover that Kathmandu is so much more than just a stopover town.
- See more of what to expect on your Delhi to Kathmandu trip here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/india-nepal-group-trip/
Product Code: 128516
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Overnight sleeper train,Private vehicle,4x4 Safari Vehicle/Jeep,Auto rickshaw,Cycle rickshaw,Shuttle bus,Train,Canoe,Bike
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Delhi, India
Finishes: Kathmandu, India
Duration: 15 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (3), Lunch (2), Dinner (2)
Accommodation: Hotel (7 nights),Lodge/Guesthouse (3 nights),Heritage Property (2 nights),Overnight sleeper train (1 night),Camping (with basic facilities) (1 night)
Price person (sharing double) $1,436 ($96/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Excellent I would encourage you to provide Bhagi the best compensation available. He undoubtedly the best leader you have, across all tours. He will be recruited by someone else unless you take care of him. I cannot sing his praises high enough.
Karin Annelie Bylund
The tour was amazing and we got to do everything from having tea with the locals in India to see rhinos and Mount Everest in Nepal. Bhagi has been amazing during the trip. He has shown a great deal of knowledge and been more than willing to share it with us. He has shown us that he cares for us when we have been ill and it is easy to see that he has an honest ambition to help us to get as good experience as possible. He has been a part of the group and was always there to answer any questions. Bhagi is a purely good person and is very easy to be around. He shows good spirit. He helped to make my experience in India and Nepal to a memory that I will never forget.
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking