Elegance of Great Britain::Starts:Edinburgh
Visit: Edinburgh, Windermere, York, Stratford, Bath, London
Tour Type: Group Tour
- Edinburgh: Get to know your fellow travellers over your Welcome Dinner of modern European cuisine and wine, at Iris, a chic bistro tucked away in New Town.
- Ardgowan Estate: Sir Ludovic Shaw Stewart welcomes you to his family castle, set on a 10,000-acre coastal estate. Learn the history of the area, the Shaw Stewart family and the castle itself, followed by a traditional Scottish tea and scones.
- York: During a private tour of Birdsall House, enjoy a glass of sparkling wine and canapes as you learn about the estate, before taking your seat in the stately dining room to join a member of the Willoughby Family for dinner.
- Stratford: Enjoy a traditional Sunday Roast Dinner, with all the trimmings.
- Bath: Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers at Brasserie Blanc. Raise a glass over your Celebration Dinner to commend your wonderful journey, while enjoying a delicious French-inspired meal accompanied with wine.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B), 1 Morning Tea (MT), 2 Dinners (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Edinburgh: Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is situated in Edinburgh’s beautiful old town, within walking distance of the Scottish Parliament building.
- Bowness-on-Windermere: The Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is contained in a 17th century building and rests on the shores of Windermere, England’s largest lake.
- York: The Hilton York is situated within the city walls, close to the York Minster and the best this city has to offer.
- Stratford-upon-Avon: The Stratford is an award-winning boutique hotel in the centre of this historic town.
- Edinburgh: A hush descends and eyes turn to the castle. The skirl of the pipes rises and drums crack the night air as a tide of tunics and tartan flood from the drawbridge. For a limited time in August, witness the incredible spectacle of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
- Edinburgh: Walk with a Local Expert within the walls of the Castle to view the Scottish Crown Jewels, Stone of Destiny and Mons Meg.
- Edinburgh: Your Local Expert reveals why this is Scotland's City of Culture. Explore the city as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the Queen, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Gretna Green: Visit the spot where once runaway lovers were married.
- English Lake District: The best way to enjoy the Lake District is by cruise, relax as you admire the magnificent views.
- English Lake District: Board a steam train and journey along the banks of the beautiful River Leven.
- Grasmere: Visit the grave of the English poet, William Wordsworth.
- Haworth: A visit to the Brontë Parsonage Museum provides a fascinating insight into the life of the Brontë family and the inspiration behind their marvellous works of literature.
- York: Walk with your Local Expert to see the might York Minster and wander the maze of cobbled streets to see the Shambles.
- Lincoln: Visit Lincoln Castle and admire one of the four remaining copies of the Magna Carta, which is over 800 years old.
- Stratford-upon-Avon: Learn about the life of William Shakespeare, arguably history's most famous writer, when you visit his birthplace. Then enjoy some time to explore this pretty town with its iconic Tudor houses.
- Blenheim Palace: Witness a masterpiece of the English Baroque, brimming with priceless art and tapestries.
- Bath: The Roman Baths have existed for over 2,000 years and are now one of the best preserved Roman remains in the world. Learn the importance of this historic site, still used as a center for bathing and socialising.
- Bath: During your orientation of the city, your Travel Director will show you the Georgian houses, the Royal Crescent, Pulteney Bridge and Bath Abbey.
- Stonehenge: Visit the mysterious circle of upright stones, which stands as strong today as it did 5,000 years ago.
- Salisbury: During your free time for lunch, take a moment to explore this historical city. See the tallest spire in England, atop the Medieval cathedral and walk the streets to observe an architectural timeline from the city's medieval walls and half-timbered Tudor town houses to Georgian mansions and Victorian villas.
- Scenic Drives: Fall in love with the English and Scottish countryside as you travel through the English Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and the picturesque Cotswolds.
Product Code: 239662
Tour Type: Group Tour
Guide Language: Engligh
Travel Styles: Family, Seniors (55+), Luxury
Starts: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Finishes: London, United Kingdom
Duration: 12 days
Physical rating: Basic
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival flights are as per the itinerary start date, then arrival transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport. You may purchase transfers to London Heathrow and Gatwick airports on departure day, or when additional night accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations. Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
Price person (sharing double) $3,225 ($269/day)
$200 per person for bookings made 45 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 45 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
In Business Since 1980
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking