Essence of South India
Visit: Chennai, Kovalam
Tour Type: Small Group
- Discover a different side to India on east to west coast trip that takes in beaches and temples, hidden waterways and jungle, and rolling tea-covered mountains and spice plantations
- Chennai is a flurry of ordered chaos, but find peace at the magnificent Kapaleeshwarar Temple at its centre
- Explore the beautiful seaside town of Puducherry, a mix of idyllic and contemporary lifestyle
- Feel the weight of history and learn about the man who dedicated his life to the independence of India at The National Gandhi Museum
- Track footprints in search of wild elephants in the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Ferry-hop between the islands of Fort Kochi to discover palaces, temples and Portuguese architecture at every turn
- In Kochi enjoy the trendy 1960' themed Art Deco feature stay hotel at the Grand Kochi Hotel
Product Code: 144664
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Boat,Private vehicle
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Chennai, India
Finishes: Kovalam, India
Duration: 14 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (13), Lunch (1), Dinner (1)
Accommodation: Comfortable Hotel (10 nights),Houseboat (1 night),Kochi Feature Stay (2 nights)
Price person (sharing double) $2,285 ($163/day)
$600 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
The Essence of South India was a contrast in three parts. 1. The beautiful Pondicherry and the incredible temples all they way through to Madurai. 2. The misty cool of Thekkady and Munnar provided relief from the heat and 3. The coastal waterways and beaches from Alleppey to Kovalam a great way to wind down from our travel through South India.
Denise Drake B.
Santo is a fantastic guide. Northern India is a far more interesting destination. This trip is very expensive and there are not many wow moments like I experienced on the North India trip.
Peregrine AdventuresOur name stems from the word 'Peregrinate’, meaning to migrate, walk or take a pilgrimage – very fitting for our beginnings as a trekking company. Since our inception, we've broadened our horizons and now offer small group journeys in over 80 countries across all seven continents, which can be enjoyed by anyone with an enquiring mind who enjoys getting off the beaten track (without forgoing some of the comforts of home).
In Business Since 1977
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking