Everest Base Camp & Gokyo Lakes Trek
Visit: Kathmandu (1360m), Phakding (2652m), Namche Bazaar (3446m), Mongla (3970m), Dole (4038m), Machhermo (4465m), Gokyo (4720m), Machhermo (4465m), Phortse (3840m), Dingboche (4360m), Lobuje (4930m), Gorak Shep - Everest Base Camp (5160m), Kala Patar - Pheriche (4270m), Namche Bazaar (3346m), Phakding (2652m), Lukla (2800m), Kathmandu, Kathmandu
Tour Type: Small Group
- This is one of the world’s great classic treks, with the additional challenge of reaching Gokyo Lakes. Experience breathtaking scenery and the comradery of trekking with a small group as you challenge yourself to reach Base Camp and beyond. You can read more about what to expect here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/everest-base-camp-trek/
- Get your first glimpses of the might Himalayan range on the included flight from Kathmandu to Lukla – surely one of the most dramatically located airports anywhere.
- You’ll be accompanied by an experienced trek leader along with assistant guides and porters, who will not only give you all the support and guidance you need along the way, but also introduce you to the rich local Sherpa culture.
- We operate our treks according to standards that provide respectful, safe and fair working conditions not only in Nepal, but on all our trips globally. For more information on porter welfare, see https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/porter-policy
- Stay in a lodge near the world’s highest freshwater lake system in Gokyo, sacred to both Hindus and Buddhists and sure to stun any of those lucky enough to see them in person.
- You’ll forget the ache in your body and the chill on your nose the second you’re warming your hands over a bowl of momos, but the memories of Himalayan vistas and the feeling of accomplishment will last a lifetime.
- There’s nothing like the bonds you form with your fellow trekkers and guides – they’ll support you when you’re feel like you can’t go on and be there to pinch you if you can’t believe the views.
- Have the opportunity to support our partnership with Seven Women by taking part in Urban Adventures in Kathmandu before or after your trek – an organisation that socially and economically empowers marginalised women through literacy programs, skills training and income generation. Donations through The Intrepid Foundation are matched dollar for dollar: https://www.theintrepidfoundation.org/seven-women
Product Code: 128680
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Plane,Private vehicle
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Kathmandu (1360m), Nepal
Finishes: Kathmandu , Nepal
Duration: 19 days
Physical rating: Basic
Accommodation: Teahouse (16 nights),Hotel (2 nights)
Price person (sharing double) $1,908 ($100/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Personalize itinerary with your departure date
Fantastic trip, guides where awesome. Highly recommend.
The trek was a wonderful experience. Intrepid has put together a well-paced program that allows for good acclimatisation that facilitates trekkers getting the most from the magnificent natural beauty of the Gokyo and Khumbu valleys. The trek takes your breath away!
I loved this trip. Our guides were brilliant and really made the trip for our group. The walking can be tough at times, especially with the altitude, so be prepared but it was definitely worth it - the trip of a lifetime!
This was a very well organised trip from start to finish. Prem, Anil and Pemba looked after our group every step of the way.
Not an easy holiday but so much more gratifying in so many ways. Its a trip that will challenge you physically and emotionally but you will come out at the end as one of the best things you have ever done. Highly recommended.
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking