Green River: Gates of Lodore Rafting Adventure
Visit: Don Hatch Warehouse, Split Mountain Canyon
Tour Type: Small Group
- Ideal trip for families & first-time rafters
- Numerous Class II-III rapids perfect for inflatable kayaking
- Deep canyons and stunning red rock scenery
- Prehistoric fossils, ancient American Indian ruins & Wild West hangouts
- Spectacular side hikes
Product Code: 69433
Tour Type: Small Group
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Don Hatch Warehouse, United States
Finishes: Split Mountain Canyon, United States
Duration: 4 days
Physical rating: Basic
- Skilled professional guide service
- All meals from lunch on day 1 through lunch on the last day
- 2 waterproof bags to hold your gear for the trip (approximate sealed size: 13” diameter x 25” tall). Your sleeping bag and pad must fit into one bag and your remaining gear will fit into the other bag. Please note: If you rent our gear it will come already packed in one of the two waterproof bags issued to each passenger. Your remaining gear, therefore, must fit in one bag.
- 1 small waterproof bag for camera and other small items you’ll want during the day (approximate sealed size: 17” tall x 9” diameter)
- 2-person tents on a shared basis (there is a $30 charge for a private tent)
- Personal flotation device (PFD) which must be worn at all times on the river in compliance with insurance regulations
- 12-ounce insulated Klean Kanteen with Café Lid to use for drinks in camp
- Camp chairs
- Eating utensils, cups and plates
- Highest quality inflatable rafts, helmets and related equipment
- Transfers from the OARS warehouse to the river and back
- Wetsuit or Splash Jacket–weather dependent (does not include footwear of any kind, including wetsuit booties). For clients with a high interest in using the inflatable kayaks, we will bring a limited supply of wetsuits. If you have your own, please feel free to bring it with you
Price person (sharing double) $1,099 ($275/day)
$250 per person for bookings made 60 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 60 days prior to departure
Cancellation: Super Strict
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Which OARS adventure will I book next? Where do I begin? My green River Trip was fabulous! Magnificent scenery, Thrilling rapids, Pleasant company and competent, efficient, fun-to-be-with guides. I went on this trip as a single and had never done this type of guided trip before. I was hesitant, thinking that 3 nights and 4 days would be too long. I now wish it had been longer. My group was very diverse every one was helpful and friendly and seemed to get along very well. The guides were awesome. All were professional and each had a specialty. Lee was the coordinator, Russell was the go-to-guy for information on the local history and geology and Sara was knowledgeable on the river and river-guiding and always wore a beaming smile. Although inexperienced, I never felt afraid to tackle the rapids in my "ducky" because I was confident in the judgement of our guides. The atmosphere was light and fun-filled but the guides remained serious where our safety was concerned. To top it off, they magically produced excellent, very delicious meals. I don't plan to make this trip again (only because there are many new places to see), but I can't wait to book another trip with OARS.
The guides for my trip (Matt, Sean, Jay, and Chris) were outstanding! Experts in their field. Adhered to safety standards in a professional manner; felt completely confident and at ease at all times. They were knowledgeable of the river, history, geology and shared the information in an interesting manner. Since this was my first rafting trip I was able to learn a lot; I enjoyed the hikes and experiences that go with camping along the river, and the food was wonderful. Thanks O.A.R.S!
The outdoors adventure was a great setting to 'turn off' the technology that so typically interferes with listening to the inner voice we all have. It was a good opportunity to see once in a lifetime places with majestic beauty, petroglyphs and white water excitement. I had most fun on the 'paddle boat' with everyone working together and getting a little wet. The staff was fun, competent, and informative. It provided good time to talk about whatever, joke and bond, while being attended to by the excellent staff.
THIS WAS A BREATH TAKING TRIP. I COULD NOT STOP ENJOYING THE BEAUTY THAT SURROUNDED ME. I RECOMMEND THIS TRIP TO ALL. GETTING IN TOUCH WITH NATURE WAS STRESS RELIEVING AND SPIRITUAL. I WILL NEVER FORGET THE TIME SPENT IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD.
In Business Since 1969
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking