High Road to Tibet
Visit: Kathmandu, Panauti, Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse, Tingri, Rongpu Si, Kyirong, Kathmandu
Tour Type: Small Group
- Experience the Tibetan cultural capital of Lhasa
- Witness monks in debate and prayer
- Explore rural villages and lunar landscapes
- Reach 5000m and a mere 7km below Everest Base Camp
- Enjoy stunning views while travelling overland from Tibet to Nepal.
Product Code: 126871
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: Plane, local bus, air-conditioned bus, walking.
Guide Language: Engligh
Travel Styles: Budget
Starts: Kathmandu, Nepal
Finishes: Kathmandu, Nepal
Duration: 14 days
Physical rating: Basic
- Your G for Good Moment: Sisterhood of Survivors Project, Kathmandu Your G for Good Moment: Panauti Homestay, Panauti Your Local Living Moment: Rongbuk Monastery Guesthouse, Rongpu Si
- Kathmandu orientation walk
- Lhasa orientation walk
- Potala Palace entrance
- Sera Monastery visit
- Jokhang Temple entrance
- Pelkor Chode, Gyantse Kunbum, and Tashilhunpo Monastery visits
- Border crossing support
- Internal flights
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Hotels/guesthouses (12 nts), homestay (1 nt, multi-share).
- 1 lunch, 1 dinner
- Plane, local bus, air-conditioned bus, walking.
- Chief Experience Officer (CEO) throughout, local guides.
Price person (sharing double) $2,699 ($193/day)
$350 per person for bookings made 70 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 70 days prior to departure
Cancellation: Super Strict
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
The tour leader was wonderfully helpful and well informed! The trip was well organized and an amazing experience overall.
Great places, but really remote. I will have never been able to do this trip on my own and enjoyed it as much. Baikunta the guide was awesome, really friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, funny and add certain flavor to the tour. I really enjoyed it.
Overall very good, with a very committed guide who worked hard to make people happy and ensure that we got to see all the sights.
I had an amazing experience. I loved the guide and had a great time with people from all over the world. People respected each other and bonded well throughout the 2 weeks together.
The tour was great, very well organized, with a great guide who was extremely enthusiastic.
overall the tour was excellent, there was a wide range of things to do and places of interest to visit.
G AdventuresG Adventures is a tour operator providing small-group tours, safaris and expeditions all over the world. But there's more to it than affordability and product depth – G Adventures is in the business of changing people's lives.
In Business Since 1990
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking