Visit: Tehran, Overnight train, Shiraz, Home Stay , Eghlid, Yazd, Zein-O-Din Caravanerai , Esfahan, Tehran
Tour Type: Small Group
- Discover an Iran beyond the media portrayals of a repressive and dour regime – this is a country full of warm, lively and friendly people.
- Take an overnight train from Tehran to Shiraz, spend some time in the restaurant car with the locals and learn about life in the fascinating culture.
- Explore the rich history told in the ancient ruins that lie across the country. Modern Iran is a great fusion of civilisations – the Archaemedians, Alexander the Great, the Parthanians, Sassanians, Arabs, Seljuks, Mongols, and Safavids – who all left their mark in innumerable ways.
- Experience the wondrous remains of the ancient capital of Persepolis – the scale and grandeur will leave you in no doubt that this was once the centre of the known world.
- Immerse yourself in rural nomadic life with a beautifully remote homestay with the Qashqai people.
- Surround yourself with beautiful landscapes and amazing architecture – from breath-taking mosques to stepped hillside villages, cleverly designed wind towers and the macabre Zoroastrian Towers of Silence.
- Slip into the exotic shoes of a Silk Road merchant with an overnight stay in a classic 16th-century Caravanserai.
Product Code: 128458
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Overnight Train,Private Mini Bus
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Finishes: Tehran, Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Duration: 14 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (13), Dinner (4)
Accommodation: Hotel (9 nights),Guesthouse (2 night),Home Stay (1 night) Overnight Train (1 night)
Price person (sharing double) $2,440 ($174/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking