Kenya: Wildlife Rangers Expedition
Visit: Nairobi, Big Life Ranger Headquarters / Kimana Sanctuary, Ranger Outstation / Kimana Sanctuary, Ranger Academy (Greater Amboseli), Amboseli National Park, Nairobi , Nairobi
Tour Type: Small Group
- Meet the Rangers who work on the frontline in the area between Amboseli National Park, Chyulu Hills National Park & Kilimanjaro Park.
- Help support wildlife Rangers of Kenya with a $500 (AUD) donation included in the price of the trip through The Intrepid Foundation and The Thin Green Line https://www.theintrepidfoundation.org/the-thin-green-line-foundation
- Explore Nairobi National Park with local Rangers. Learn about the unique challenges of Human-Wildlife conflict in a park that's not completely fenced.
- Visit Rangers at an outstation post and experience Africa from a different perspective, by accompanying the Rangers on foot patrol within the rhino sector of Chyulu Hills National Park.
- Spend a night at the Ranger training academy and learn about what it takes to become a Ranger.
- Sit around a camp fire and hear the stories of what wildlife protection in Africa entails, for both the Rangers and the wildlife.
- Enjoy a morning and afternoon game drive in Amboseli National Park within 4x4 safari vehicles and see the park as tourists.
- Choose the July departure and travel with a representative from our Foundation partner The Thin Green Line Foundation, who will accompany you for your entire expedition.
- The opportunity to raise additional funds for The Thin Green Line through The Intrepid Foundation and have every donation matched by Intrepid.
Product Code: 128595
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Overland vehicle,4x4 safari vehicle
Guide Language: Engligh
Travel Styles: Overland Expedition
Starts: Nairobi, Kenya
Finishes: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 8 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (7), Lunch (4), Dinner (4)
Accommodation: Hotel (3 nights),Camping (with facilities) (3 nights),Camping (with basic facilities) (1 night)
Price person (sharing double) $2,860 ($358/day)
100% per person for bookings made 0 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 0 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking