Kilimanjaro: Rongai Route
Visit: Marangu, Simba Camp, Kikelewa Caves, Mawenzi Tarn, Kibo Camp / Uhuru Peak, Uhuru Peak / Horombo Camp, Marangu
Tour Type: Small Group
- Stay in one of Northern Tanzania's most historic buildings and explore the lush tropical surrounds of Mangaru
- Travelling with experienced guides and porters, you'll be in good hands, with one guide for every two passengers
- Hike through the dense greenery of Mt Kilimanjaro’s foothills, spotting native creatures and wildflowers along the way
- Witness the stark beauty of Mawenzi as the cirque of this stunning 5,149-metre peak towers above you
- Hike Kilimanjaro's climactic last stretch by lamplight, reaching Africa’s highest point
- Experience the incredible African sunrise from Mt Kilimanjaro – the ultimate reward for conquering Africa's premier peak
- We are an official partner of IMEC’s Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project (KPAP). This means all of our climbs have been assessed and scored based on a number of criteria, all of which are designed to ensure the proper treatment of porters on the Mountain. Read more here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/theme/walking/kilimanjaro-trek
Product Code: 141836
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Minibus
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Marangu, Tanzania, United Republic Of
Finishes: Marangu, Tanzania, United Republic Of
Duration: 8 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (7), Lunch (6), Dinner (7)
Accommodation: Camping (with facilities) (5 nts),Hotel (2 nts)
Price person (sharing double) $3,455 ($432/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Intrepid was supportive and knowledgeable from.day 1: from booking my trip, working out logistics to the guides being fantastic and so safety oriented on the hiking trail, it was truly a wonderful experience! So glad I chose Intrepid to hike Kilimanjaro as it really was such a memorable and exciting trip!
Kilimanjaro is by far one of the best things I have achieved in my life and thanks to the amazing crew and values employed by Intrepid it was so achievable ....
Te Hikoinga E.
This trip was the fulfilment of a little Maori boys dream. The reality as good if not far better than the fantasy.To the staff of Intrepid a thousand thank yous. one can spout all the superlatives in the world. But the reality and the excellence of it all can only be savored by experiencing it.
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking