Landscapes of the Canadian Maritimes
Visit: Halifax (NS)
Tour Type: Group Tour
- Halifax: Enjoy a special Highlight Dinner of local seafood at one of the city's best local restaurants, The Restaurant at Five Fishermen.
- Shediac Bay: Enjoy a fisherman's lobster feast and Highlight Lunch, as you cruise the waters of the bay, taking in the scenery and warm Acadian hospitality.
- Digby: Meet a former scallop fisherman for a culinary demonstration and Celebration Dinner par excellence, featuring Digby's famous scallops.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) 1 Lunch with wine (LW), 1 Dinner (D) 4 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Lunenburg: Join a Local Expert for an exploration of this eclectic port city and the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic.
- Halifax: At the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, your Local Expert will enthral you with tales of key historical events, including the Halifax Explosion and the ill-fated Titanic.
- Truro: Discover Mi’kmaq heritage and Glooscap legend through the spoken word and song when you interact with a member of the First Nations Community.
- Baddeck: Go behind-the-scenes with a Local Expert to unravel the stories behind one of history’s most influential members at the Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Site.
- Shediac Bay: Join a lobster fisherman aboard his boat before a fresh lobster lunch is served.
- Annapolis Royal: With your Local Expert, a costumed interpreter, visit the scenic National Historic District and learn about the cultural heritage of Annapolis Royal.
- Digby: Meet a former scallop fisherman who will tell you about life fishing one of the region’s key delicacies, before sitting down to a Farm-to-Table Celebration Dinner.
- Halifax: The Westin Nova Scotian offers luxury and Four Diamond service in the heart of Halifax.
- Baddeck: Waterfront resort facilities meet Cape Breton's warm hospitality at The Inverary Resort.
- Charlottetown: The Delta Prince Edward is Charlottetown’s only waterfront hotel, just steps away from charming shops and restaurants.
- Saint John: The Hilton Saint John offers a prime location on the harbourfront of New Brunswick's largest city.
- Digby: Overlooking the Bay of Fundy, Digby Pines Golf Resort and Spa is the perfect location for exciting activities, or the utmost in relaxation.
- Halifax: Discover its highlights on a morning sightseeing tour; Visit the picturesque village of Peggy’s Cove.
- Baddeck: Learn about the tradition of fabric milling and see a kilt making demonstration at The Gaelic College.
- Cape Breton: Attend an evening of traditional local music and song at the Celtic Evening of Smiles.
- Prince Edward Island: Cross one of the longest bridges in the world, the 9-mile-long Confederation Bridge.
- Cavendish: Explore the National Park and visit the Green Gables farm house that inspired the beloved children's classic, 'Anne of Green Gables'.
- Bay of Fundy: Embark on a whale watching cruise (weather permitting) to potentially spot rare species of whale and learn about these majestic sea mammals.
Product Code: 237352
Tour Type: Group Tour
Guide Language: Engligh
Travel Styles: Family, Seniors (55+), Luxury
Starts: Halifax (NS), Canada
Finishes: Halifax (NS), Canada
Duration: 12 days
Physical rating: Basic
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Price person (sharing double) $3,115 ($260/day)
100% per person for bookings made 0 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 0 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
In Business Since 1980
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking