Lost Tribes of Ethiopia
Visit: Addis Ababa
Tour Type: Small Group
- Uncover the eight distinct tribes that call the Omo Valley home, and gain a deeper understanding and respect for their lifestyle and traditions.
- Venture out on a game walk through the grasslands of the Nechisar Plain in search of zebra, kudu, and gazelle.
- Learn about the importance of scarification and hair grooming for the Karo & Hamar people in the market town of Turmi.
- Perched on a cliff crest, our Feature Stay Paradise Lodge, has spectacular views across to Abra Minch’s ‘Bridge of God’ – take in the scenery during your two-night stay.
- Enjoy a sundowner, local music and dancing on the terrace of our Konso lodge.
- Visit the less well-known Daasanach and Ari tribes, where your potential custom helps these unique communities to remain independent and preserve their culture.
Product Code: 144934
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Private vehicle
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Finishes: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Duration: 9 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (8), Dinner (4)
Accommodation: Comfortable hotel (1 night),Lodge (5 nights),Feature Stay Lodge (2 nights)
Price person (sharing double) $3,745 ($416/day)
$600 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Ethiopia is a very impressive country but it will be a remiss that you will regret if you do not visit the south to see how diverse tribes have survived for 1000's of years before they succumb to westernisation.
If you are interested in Adventure and/or Anthropology, The Lost Tribes of Ethiopia is for you! And the shopping is very good and inexpensive. And the people are friendly and the food is good!
Peregrine AdventuresOur name stems from the word 'Peregrinate’, meaning to migrate, walk or take a pilgrimage – very fitting for our beginnings as a trekking company. Since our inception, we've broadened our horizons and now offer small group journeys in over 80 countries across all seven continents, which can be enjoyed by anyone with an enquiring mind who enjoys getting off the beaten track (without forgoing some of the comforts of home).
In Business Since 1977
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking