Magic of Madagascar
Tour Type: Small Group
- Encounter Madagascar’s most famous inhabitant in the wild – be enchanted by the local lemurs and watch the white Verreaux's sifakas dance across the sand.
- As home to half of the world’s chameleon population it will not be hard to spot these unique creatures, even with their camouflage.
- Sit down to a private candlelit dinner at Reniala Park in the company of the magnificent baobab trees.
- With an included internal flight, this trip gives you more time to enjoy the beauty of Madagascar and less time on the road.
- Browse workshops to meet the artisans that specialise in crafts as diverse as printmaking, Zafimaniry woodcarving and marquetry in the World Heritage-listed town of Ambositra.
- A night spent at the gate of Isalo National Park at Relais de la Reine, the Feature Stay of this trip, where the buildings sit in canyons up against huge sandstone rocks, is utterly unique.
- Embark on a heritage walking tour through the old Tana with a local historian.
Product Code: 144722
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Plane,Private vehicle
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Antananarivo, Madagascar
Finishes: Antananarivo, Madagascar
Duration: 15 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (14), Lunch (2), Dinner (7)
Accommodation: Comfortable Hotel (10 nights),Lodge (2 nights Feature Stay),Lodge (2 nights)
Price person (sharing double) $4,310 ($287/day)
$600 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Madagascar is a country full of endemic species and the magic of Madagascar trip takes you to a variety of ecosystems where you can see unique birds, animals and plants as well as meet local inhabitants. Traveling by bus in a small group allows for flexibility and personalised guiding according to individual interests in natural history and cultural aspects. Accommodation is comfortable with excellent meals. Our experienced local guide had excellent organisational skills to keep the trip running smoothly as well as a thorough knowledge of the natural history and culture of this unique country.
This trip was fantastic, the only downside was the flight to and from Antanarivo which was an unnecessary diversion and time waster, but I understand that it was because domestic flights are so unreliable. Apart from that, the bumpy roads (which gave us more time to look at the fantastic scenery, the lack of running water at a few spots, the landscape, lemurs, chameleons, the locals made this one of the greatest trips I've been on, and I will never forget how many different ways I ate "Zebu", skewered, steaks, curries, ribs, rissoles, burgers!! Ha, ha.
Madagascar is an eye opener from the poor road conditions in the south the dryness of the south to the rain forests in the middle the many landscape changes just like western australia but in less area to the weird and colourful insects birds reptiles its worth seeing and worth the money
Peregrine AdventuresOur name stems from the word 'Peregrinate’, meaning to migrate, walk or take a pilgrimage – very fitting for our beginnings as a trekking company. Since our inception, we've broadened our horizons and now offer small group journeys in over 80 countries across all seven continents, which can be enjoyed by anyone with an enquiring mind who enjoys getting off the beaten track (without forgoing some of the comforts of home).
In Business Since 1977
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking