Mara & Serengeti
Visit: Nairobi, Arusha
Tour Type: Group Tour
A short ten-day tour packed with safaris and wildlife viewing opportunities, this group tour takes you to three of east Africaa€™s most well-known national parks and conservation areas. Home to the annual wildebeest migration which takes place around the Mara River between July and September, these national parks are packed with predators and prey and it is your best chance at seeing the big five in action.
- Game Drives in the Masai Mara Nature Reserve
- Masai Village
- Visit to David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage & Giraffe Centre
- Game Drives in the Serengeti National Park
- Morning Game Drive in the Ngorongoro Crater
Product Code: 154300
Tour Type: Group Tour
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Nairobi, Kenya
Finishes: Arusha, Tanzania
Duration: 10 days
Physical rating: Basic
- Accommodation: 5 night(s) in hotels, 2 night(s) in tented camps, 2 night(s) in lodges
- Meals: 3 Buffet Breakfast(s), 1 Local Lunch(es), 4 Dinner(s), 5 Breakfast(s), 5 Lunch Box, 1 Lunch(es), 1 Local Breakfast(s)
- Transport: Overland Truck, 4WD
- Visas and travel insurance
- Spending money – budget for meals, snacks, drinks, limited souvenirs, laundry, tips and any extras
- International flights to/from the start/end of your tour and departure taxes
- Tips on included excursions, visas, travel insurance, personal items and single rooms.
- Optional excursions - On each trip, you may find there are some excursions that are not included. This might be because they are not to everyone's taste or there may be various options of differing value to choose from. More information on the excursions we recommend is listed under each day of your itinerary though prices may vary. If you are after something in particular, don't hesitate to ask your tour leader.
- Airport transfers and pre and post tour accommodation
Price person (sharing double) $1,951 ($195/day)
$500 per person for bookings made 60 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 60 days prior to departure
Cancellation: Super Strict
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Tucan are just budget enough for me. Most nights are spent in tents, cooking your own food and doing your own washing up (this is the budget, no-frills part) and a hot shower is a luxury (but a hot shower is a luxury most places in Africa- even relatively expensive hotels and safari lodges). However, you do not miss out when it is really important- the activities, experiences- in fact you probably get far more from it. Would you rather sleep in a 4 star safari lodge encampment, or in a camp listening to lions roar, bushbabies wail and with wild zebras and elephants wandering around the campsite? While they are budget, they are not as cheap as some, however with Tucan we went on safari in proper safari vehicles rather than in the expedition truck and had our tents put up and taken down for us, food cooked and packed lunches made so the full day could be spent viewing animals rather than cooking and preparing camp. The vehicles were the nicest I've seen, the guides were excellent (we saw an astonishing number of animals)- highly recommended.
In Business Since 1986
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking