Mountains & Mystics of India
Visit: Delhi, Shimla, Mandi, Dharamsala (McLeod Ganj), Amritsar, Amritsar – Overnight train, Rishikesh, Rishikesh – River Ganges, Delhi
Tour Type: Small Group
- The colonial charm and cool mountain air of Shimla Hill Station and a scenic ride on the World Heritage-listed ‘toy-train’ is the perfect way to experience this Himalayan hideout.
- Explore the home of the Dalai Lama – Dharmasala. This highland haven is the ideal place for an enlightening experience of Tibetan spirituality, culture and history.
- Witness a unique ‘performance’ of the flag ceremony at India and Pakistan's Wagah border – a daily practice conducted since 1959, drawing crowds for its unconventional and ostentatious practices.
- Learn about Sikhism on an included visit to the one of most sacred monuments of the faith – the luminous Golden Temple in Amritsar.
- Breeze through the self-proclaimed ‘Yoga Capital of the World’ in Rishikesh, walking along the holy Ganges, and explore the crumbling beauty and famous mural-lined walls of the Chaurasi Kutia ashram.
Product Code: 128527
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Overnight sleeper train,Private vehicle,Public bus,Train,Heritage Train,Metro,Cycle rickshaw,Taxi
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Delhi, India
Finishes: Delhi, India
Duration: 13 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (1), Lunch (1), Dinner (2)
Accommodation: Camping (with basic facilities) (1 night),Hotel (9 nights),Overnight sleeper train (1 night),Heritage Hotel (1 night)
Price person (sharing double) $1,148 ($88/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Incredible experience! Intrepid really put together a great itinerary for this small part of such an amazing country. Kuldeep really made the trip! Loved his stories about personal experiences and knowledge on culture and traditions that only a local would know! Found Kuldeep very approachable and his English is great, as were his lessons in Hindi as he tried to help and encourage me to learn. Social and communication skills are important in a group leader and Kuldeep excelled in both!
Very enjoyable, well lead by both tour leaders
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking