Multi-Stan Adventure: Astana to Tashkent
Visit: Astana, Baikonur, Turkistan, Turkistan - Shymkent/Overnight train, Altyn-Emel National Park, Altyn-Emel National Park - Almaty, Almaty, Almaty - KAZ/KGZ Border Crossing - Karakol, Karakol, Bishkek, Don Aryk - Issyk Kul - Kochkor, Son-Köl, Kyzyl-Oi, Suusamyr Valley - Chychkan - Kok-Bel, Osh, KGZ/UZB border crossing - Andijan - Tashkent, Tashkent, Samarkand, Samarkand - Shahrisabz - Bukhara, Bukhara, Gijduvan - Bukhara, Tashkent
Tour Type: Small Group
- Central Asia is a fascinating and unique mix of ancient Silk Road culture, Soviet influence and striving to redefine nations post independence. Geographically and for a time historically, it is the real centre of Asia
- The much-photographed Registan in Samarkand is one of the true pinnacles of Islamic architecture. You'll be wowed by the scale, grandeur and beauty of the monuments to iconic figures such as Tamerlane and the Persian influenced madressas, mosques and mausoleums.
- Kyrgyzstan's mountains are its monuments and its majesty. The landscapes here will stay with you long after the journey is over.
- Unveil the mysteries of space explorations in Baikonur, where the Russian Cosmodrome is located and launches to the International Space Station take off.
- Surround yourself with the surreal landscapes of the Altyn-Emel National Park, including the mysterious singing sand dunes, then visit Grand Canyon's "little brother", Charyn Canyon.
- Marvel at the beautiful Song Kol Lake, where in mid-summer you may see flocks of sheep, goats and herds of horses watched over by nomadic herdsmen and their families. Stay overnight in a yurt lakeside and live like the locals have for centuries in these portable, felt lined traditional tents.
- Experience for yourself the legend that is Central Asian hospitality – there's really nothing like being welcomed into a local home or yurt for a meal, chatting with stall holders at bazaars or simply marvelling at the sights alongside locals
Product Code: 250329
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Private vehicle,Plane,Train,Overnight Sleeper Train
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Astana, Kazakhstan
Finishes: Tashkent, Kazakhstan
Duration: 30 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (28), Lunch (7), Dinner (8)
Accommodation: Hotel (20 nights),Overnight Train (1 night),Homestay/Guesthouse (7 nights),Yurt (1 night)
Price person (sharing double) $6,900 ($230/day)
100% per person for bookings made 0 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 0 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Personalize itinerary with your departure date
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking