Nepal: Women's Expedition
Visit: Kathmandu, Pokhara, Pokhara/Kalikasthan - Yangjakot trek (1440m), Yangjakot - Tanting trek (1580m), Tanting - Sikles trek (1980m), Sikles to Ghalegaun trek (1620m), Ghalegaun to Bhurjung Khola trek/Pokhara, Madi Valley, Chitwan National Park, Chitwan National Park - Kathmandu, Hartalika Teej Festival, Kathmandu
Tour Type: Small Group
- Enjoy a five-day hike in the stunning Annapurnas, while being completely supported by an all-female crew of leaders, guides, assistants, and even porters.
- Visit an NGO working to abolish the practice of Chhaupadi, the illegal but socially common practice of forbidding women to enter their homes, kitchens, schools, and temples during their menstrual cycle, as they are thought to be rendered temporarily impure.
- Visit Madi Valley, a homestay run by women that is working alleviate human impact on the surrounding nature and wildlife.
- Learn how to create traditional Nepalese dishes while supporting a unique social enterprise that has changed the lives of more than 1,000 disadvantaged women in Nepal.
- Take a wilderness safari through Chitwan National Park, widely recognised as one of the best national parks in Asia, and search for rhinos, crocodiles, monkeys and deer.
- Dress up in red to celebrate Hartalika Teej Festival with local ladies as they sing and dance their way to visit Pashupatinath Temple, open exclusively to women on this special day.
Product Code: 250733
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Private vehicle,Plane
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Kathmandu, Nepal
Finishes: Kathmandu, Nepal
Duration: 13 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (6), Lunch (4), Dinner (5)
Accommodation: Hotel (4 nights),Guesthouse (2 nights),Homestay (5 nights),Jungle Resort (1 night)
Price person (sharing double) $1,990 ($153/day)
100% per person for bookings made 0 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 0 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Personalize itinerary with your departure date
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking