New Zealand North Island Explorer Northbound
Visit: Christchurch, Kaikoura, Nelson – Stoke, Wellington, Mt Ruapehu, Taupo – Rotorua, Rotorua, Rotorua – Bay of Islands, Bay of Islands, Auckland
Tour Type: Small Group
- Be welcomed to Whakarewarewa by the Maori people who have lived there for over 700 years and wonder at the area’s steaming geysers, bubbling mud pits and lakes.
- Feel the rush of Huka Falls, where a 100-metre-wide river is forced through a narrow volcanic chamber causing a torrent of incredible speed and power.
- Explore the Abel Tasman National Park independently or on an optional tour, hiking through thick native forest and emerging on deserted sandy beaches.
- Choose to embark on a full-day trek over the Tongariro Alpine Crossing, hiking past aqua coloured lakes, craters and volcanos.
- Cruise though the Marlborough Sounds, where the hilly islands were once towering mountains and the channels were once dry valleys before they flooded 10,000 years ago.
Product Code: 142516
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Ferry,Van
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Christchurch, New Zealand
Finishes: Auckland, New Zealand
Duration: 12 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (3), Dinner (2)
Accommodation: Lodge (11 nts)
Price person (sharing double) $3,120 ($260/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking