New Zealand South Island Explorer
Visit: Christchurch, Punakaiki, Franz Josef , Queenstown, Milford Sound, Mt Cook, Christchurch
Tour Type: Small Group
- From the striking contrasts of the Canterbury Plains to New Zealand’s highest point at Mt Cook, the South Island’s west coast is full of spectacular sights. You’ll definitely want a window seat.
- Spend three nights in Queenstown – New Zealand's adventure capital – where you'll have tonnes of time for optional activities, from thrill-seeking jaunts to some chilled-out haunts.
- Set sail on an included cruise through the Milford Sound on the south-western coast. Passing by glacial waterfalls, snow-capped mountains and marine life, be sure to have your camera ready.
- Franz Josef Glacier is every adventurer's dream, and that’s why you’ve got the power to choose your own adventure. A guided trek across the glacier, a quad bike ride or a scenic heli-hike? It’s up to you.
- Beginning and ending in Christchurch means you’re at an ideal gateway to explore the rest of New Zealand. Better yet, why not spend more time before or after your adventure to see this city in full swing?
Product Code: 142500
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Van
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Christchurch, New Zealand
Finishes: Christchurch, New Zealand
Duration: 11 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (3), Lunch (1), Dinner (2)
Accommodation: Lodge (10 nts)
Price person (sharing double) $2,314 ($210/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
I love travelling with Intrepid. Though the destinations are different the style of travel is predictable and comfortable - 12 -15 people, adequate lodging close to activities, knowledgeable and organized trip leaders who know my time is valuable, and an itinerary that hits the highlights that time allows.
This trip was a great way to really experience the wonders of New Zealand. In 22 days, we got to see this beautifulcountry from top to bottom.
A wonderful way to experience this lovely country. Lots of hikes and other alternate activities so non- bungy jumpers always had options to enjoy. A lot of time in the bus but no other way to see so much of both islands. Accommodations were pretty basic, but we loved mingling with the backpackers. Highly recommend for folks of all ages!
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking