Northern Capitals and Russia
Visit: Berlin, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, St Petersburg, Moscow, Minsk, Vilnius, Warsaw
Tour Type: Group Tour
- Vilnius: Your Travel Director offers you a varied selection of charming restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening – a culinary experience not to be missed.
- Warsaw: Join your travelling companions and Travel Director for your Celebration Dinner at a prized local restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 17 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch (L) and 7 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Vilnius: Led by your Local Expert, explore the Old Town to see the Jesuit University and the Gates of Dawn.
- Overnight Cruise: Enjoy the additional comfort of your high-class, sea-view cabin onboard your overnight cruise from Stockholm to Helsinki.
- Berlin: With your Local Expert, travel along the Unter den Linden to see Humboldt University, the Opera House and Museum Island. Pass Brandenberg Gate and view the Reichstag building before travelling through Tiergarten.
- Rocstock: Cross the Baltic Sea from Germany to Denmark.
- Copenhagen: Make the most of the long summer nights at Tivoli Gardens, the famous entertainment park.
- Copenhagen: With a Local Expert, witness the regal interior of Christiansborg Palace, with its stunning tapestries, furnishings and décor. See the cathedral, university, Rosenborg Castle, the Renaissance Stock Exchange, Amalienborg Palace and Hans Christian Andersen's Little Mermaid on the harbour.
- Øresund Bridge: Cross this magnificent fiat of engineering. It's the longest road and rail bridge in Europe, spanning 8 kilometres.
- Elsinore: See the Kronborg Castle, referred to as the home of Hamlet.
- Stockholm: Led by your Local Expert, venture to Gamla Stan, the medieval heart of the city to see the cathedral and the Royal Palace.
- Stockholm: Venture inside City Hall, the fabulous Gyllene salen, the Golden Hall is covered with 18 million gilded mosaic tiles and the Blå hallen, the Blue Hall, is the venue for the Nobel Prize banquets.
- Minsk: Gain an understanding of Minsk's Soviet past as you are led through the city with your Local Expert. See the wide avenues and gargantuan concrete buildings. Pass Lenin, standing in front of the government headquarters. In Victory Square, see the obelisk honouring the heroes of World War II and the Church of St. Simon and Helena.
- Cruise: Admire the beautiful views from your high-class, sea-view cabin as your cruise through the largest archipelago in the world, from Stockholm to Helsinki.
- Helsinki: Visit the Church in the Rock as you explore with your Local Expert. See the interesting Sibelius Monument and Finlandia Hall.
- St. Petersburg: Guided by your Local Expert, see the Church of Our Saviour on Spilled Blood and Nevsky Prospect, the bustling main street of the city.
- Petrodvorets: Cruise by hydrofoil to visit the epic formal gardens of Peter the Great’s Summer Palace, bursting with cascades, sparkling fountains and golden statues.
- St. Petersburg: Explore the spectacular Hermitage Museum with a Local Expert, one of the world’s great repositories of European art and housed in the stunning former Winter Palace of the Tsars.
- Sapsan Train: Sapsan in Russian, translates to falcon. Relax in modern luxury and comfort while you swoop by rail from St. Petersburg to Moscow in just four hours.
- Moscow: Explore this fascinating capital with your Local Expert. Visit Red Square to admire the landmark buildings of St. Basil's Cathedral, the Kremlin and Lenin's Mausoleum.
- Moscow: Explore the opulent Metro stations, described as 'underground museums.'
- Vilnius: Visit the church of St Peter and St Paul and see the cathedral.
- Trakai: Take in the idyllic lake setting as you cross the wooden footbridge to the red-brick Gothic castle.
- Warsaw: Your Local Expert will show you the city's highlights. See the Old Town, Palace of Culture and visit the Chopin Memorial in the Łazienki Park before paying your respects at the Ghetto Heroes Memorial.
- Scenic Drives: Delight in the beautiful scenery as you travel through the Danish Countryside, along Lake Vättern, the Gulf of Finland and through Augustow and Masuria.
Product Code: 238050
Tour Type: Group Tour
Guide Language: Engligh
Travel Styles: Family, Seniors (55+), Luxury
Starts: Berlin, Germany
Finishes: Warsaw, Poland
Duration: 18 days
Physical rating: Basic
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- Cruise in high-class cabins with sea views.
- One-way Sapsan train journey from St Petersburg to Moscow is included.
- Complimentary transfers from Berlin Tegel Airport are available at scheduled times, on arrival day. Complimentary transfers to Moscow's Sheremetyevo and Domodedovo airports are available at scheduled times, on departure day. If your flights are outside these times or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way.
Price person (sharing double) $4,830 ($268/day)
100% per person for bookings made 0 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 0 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
In Business Since 1980
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking