Northern Lights Scandinavia
Visit: Helsinki, Ivalo, Alta, Oslo
Tour Type: Group Tour
- Helsinki. Enjoy a welcome drink at your hotel as you get to know your fellow travellers.
- Ivalo: Your delicious Welcome Dinner will be served at the boutique Aurora Village hotel.
- Alta: Head for drinks at a local ice bar, where you’ll get the chance to catch up with your fellow travellers.
- Alta: A true highlight of the trip, you’ll enjoy a Highlight Dinner of seasonal salmon or reindeer, alongside some new four-legged friends.
- Tromso: Dine on traditional food, served with hot drinks with the fascinating Sami people, as you hear tales of Scandinavia from its indigenous people.
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B), 2 Dinner (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW), all with tea or coffee. Departures travelling over New Year’s Eve and will enjoy a festive Highlight Dinner which will replace an included meal.
- Tromso: Delve into the fascinating history of Scandinavia as you meet its indigenous people, the Sami. You’ll be given a tour of their camp and get to feed the reindeer. Before sitting down to a scrumptious traditional meal served with hot drinks.
- Alta: Meet Trine Lyrek at her working husky farm. Gain an insight to the challenges Trine and her Alaskan Huskies face when competing in marathon Arctic dog sled races.
- Helsinki: Set in a breath-taking location, Glo Art Hotel is situated close to the Sibelius Academy and Sinebrychoff Art Museum. Its Art Nouveau interior only adds to its grand allure, making it an idyllic place to rest up after a long day travelling.
- Aurora Village: Based hundreds of kilometres above the Arctic Circle, this idyllic destination offers contemporary cabins, with each including a mesmerising glass roof. Sit back with a glass of sparkling wine and watch the night sky change before you.
- North Cape: Set on Honningsvag’s pretty sea shore you’ll wake to glorious views of this pretty village. The hotel’s restaurant Bryggen, provides mouth-watering snacks, breakfast and dinner for the hungry traveller.
- Alta: Situated in central Alta, you’ll be in the perfect location to check out the area’s local highlights, including a UNESCO listed museum and a World Heritage Rock Art Centre. The hotel includes a sauna and relaxation suite so you can rest up after a day exploring.
- Tromso: Surrounded by impressive mountains and with views of the ethereal Tromsø Bay, this dreamy hotel offers an reinvigorating getaway for those in need of a little relaxation.
- Oslo: Centrally located, the Thon Hotel Opera is a contemporary base for keen shoppers and those looking to explore Oslo some more. The hotel offers delicious dining options in its modern Scala Restaurant and a variety of drinks in its luxe Eufemia bar.
- North Cape: What better way to search for the Northern Lights than by toasting to your adventure with bubbles with your fellow travellers?
- Oslo: On your orientation of Oslo city, see the medieval Akershus Castle and the Royal Palace.
Product Code: 239603
Tour Type: Group Tour
Guide Language: Engligh
Travel Styles: Family, Seniors (55+), Luxury
Starts: Helsinki, Finland
Finishes: Oslo, Norway
Duration: 10 days
Physical rating: Basic
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Price person (sharing double) $3,721 ($372/day)
100% per person for bookings made 0 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 0 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
In Business Since 1980
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking