Peru Real Food Adventure
Visit: Lima, Cusco, Sacred Valley to Ollantaytambo, Coffee Farmstay, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo, Cusco
Tour Type: Small Group
- It's delicious, diverse and hands-on. You’ll learn the secrets of ceviche, make your own Pisco sour, learn a few Andean cooking tips with a foodie in Cusco and eat empanadas straight from the wood-fired oven
- Pay a visit to a cacao farm and get involved in the whole process from planting to the final product. Enjoy a farm-cooked dinner and stay overnight on the family's plantation.
- Indulge in an optional tour and tasting at one of the Sacred Valley's first craft breweries. Whet your whistle with a pint of the fruity local IPA, the citrus tinged American pale ale, the caramel malts of the Ayrampo Roja red ale or the hearty chocolate notes of the imperial porter.
- Discover the breadth of Peruvian cuisine in all its rich and colourful history, from the rustic ‘pachamanca’ tradition to Lima’s world-class urban street food scene
- No trip to Peru is complete without seeing Machu Picchu, so you’ll spend a day exploring this magical metropolis of the Incas
Product Code: 141793
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Bus,Plane,Private minibus,Private vehicle,Taxi,Train
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Lima, Peru
Finishes: Cusco, Peru
Duration: 10 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (9), Lunch (5), Dinner (1)
Accommodation: Hotel (8 nights),Farmstay (1 night)
- Pre and post tour flights or International flights
- Travel Insurance
- Meals and accommodation not stated
- Passports and Visas
- Personal expenses
- Emergency fund
- Optional tours
Price person (sharing double) $2,068 ($207/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
The Real Food Peru tour was excellent. Great leader and great group of participants. The tour covers the best of Cusco, the Sacred Valley and the jewel in the crown Macchu Pichu with the added bonus of food. It would be helpful to take Spanish lessons before venturing to this part of the world.
Intrepid provided accurate, valuable planning information with regard to cost, physical activity levels, currency needed (including emergencies), and health and safety precautions. I had the opportunity to join a small group (planned for 15 but ended up with 7 adults , total, which worked out very well) - good flexibility offered for meals and free time.
Fantastic trip, excellent guide who worked above and beyond expectations. food was great, cooking good fun and all classes were well organised. Local people were so friendly and made us fee welcome.
The whole trip was well organised and was perfectly balanced between travelling, resting, and sight seeing / activities.
This trip was awesome. A great way to discover Peru in a limited amount of time.
I find Intrepid Travel to be simply not overpowering. Intrepid Journeys are adventures not vacations. You go, enjoy the people, the country, and leave feeling like for just a brief moment in time you were one with that part of the world.
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking