Portugal: Porto, Minho and Douro Valley
Visit: Senhora do Porto, Mosteirô, Guimarães, Senhora da Peneda, Casal de Loivos, Porto
Tour Type: Private Journey
- Trace ancient shepherd trails through breathtaking mountain vistas and terraced farmland to traditional stone villages in remote Peneda-Gers National Park.
- Join a local guide for a fascinating walk through Guimares, birthplace of Portugal and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Enrich your strolls along the Douro River Valleys terraced vineyards with wine tastings at charming hillside quintas, or wine estates.
- Savor a moveable feast in Porto as a local guide shows you around and welcomes you to a mouthwatering trio of eateries for Portuguese cuisine.
Product Code: 168049
Tour Type: Private Journey
Transport: Private & Local (Public)##Private & Local (Public)
Guide Language: Engligh
Travel Styles: Seniors (55+), Independent (Self-Guided)
Starts: Senhora do Porto, Portugal
Finishes: Porto, Portugal
Duration: 8 days
Physical rating: Basic
- Breakfast daily, six lunches (days 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7), and three dinners (days 1,2, and 5); beverages not included
- Guided visit to Casa de Mateus in Vila Real (day 5)
- Winery tour and port tasting at Quinta do Bomfim (day 5)
- Winery tour and wine tasting at historic family quinta (day 6)
- Douro River private boat excursion (day 6)
- Guided walking tours of Guimarães (day 4) and Porto (day 7)
- All accommodations while on tour
- Local transfers as noted in the itinerary
- Orientation meeting with a representative
- Luggage transfers between the hotels
- Detailed Route Notes (mailed to you approximately one month prior to your departure), a handheld GPS unit and maps (provided at your orientation meeting)
- 24-hour tour-related support provided by our local partner
- 24-hour One Call International Emergency Hotline and Travel Assistance
- The unbeatable and cumulative experience of the our staff
Price person (sharing double) $4,398 ($550/day)
Note: Minimum 2 participants required (A solo traveler supplement is applicable for a solo traveler. If your party size is 4 or more, you may eligible for a group discount - please ask us for details)
$350 per person for bookings made 90 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 90 days prior to departure
Cancellation: Super Strict
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Country WalkersFor over 37 years, Country Walkers has provided active, experiential, and stunning travel experiences on five continents. Based in Waterbury, Vermont, our unique adventures and insider access bring the beating heart of a destination to life with well-crafted itineraries for Guided Walking, Self-Guided Walking, and Private Adventures. All of our walking trips highlight superb cuisine, fine, authentic accommodations and immersive cultural and natural experiences.
In Business Since 1980
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking