Rioja And The Basque Country Bike Tour
Visit: Bilbao, Elciego, Nájera, Elciego, Briones, Bilbao
Tour Type: Small Group
- Visit boutique and world-renowned wineries including Bodegas Roda, Bodegas La Rioja Alta, and Bodegas Baigorri
- Ride the Camino de Santiago to the Monastery of Yuso, a UNESCO World Heritage Site recognized as the birthplace of the Spanish language
- Walk through 8,000 years of wines history with humanity at Vivanco Dinastia wine museum and grapevine gardens
- Stay at the Frank Gehry-designed Hotel Marques de Riscal and relax with a wine-infused treatment at Spa Vinothrapie Caudalie
Product Code: 166303
Tour Type: Small Group
Guide Language: Engligh
Travel Styles: Luxury
Starts: Bilbao, Spain
Finishes: Bilbao, Spain
Duration: 6 days
Physical rating: Basic
- Thoughtfully selected accommodations that reveal the true character of the region
- Luggage transfers
- Daily breakfasts, all lunches, nutritious snacks, and après velo cocktails
- 4 gourmet dinners at our favorite local restaurants and renowned culinary establishments
- Carefully selected local wine, beer, or spirits with every meal
- Top-of-the-line bicycle selection and bike helmet
- Complimentary gear, including a custom cycling jersey, T-shirt, water bottle, and drawstring bag
- GPS in most destinations
- Expert bilingual guides with extensive local knowledge
- Support vehicle that follows the day’s route, distributes refreshments, and offers lifts
- Pick-up and drop-off before and after your tour from predetermined meeting points
- Daily bike maintenance to ensure optimal performance
- Wine tastings and activities as outlined in the tour itinerary
- Entrance fees to historic sites, museums, parks, and all other exclusive events
- Gratuities for baggage, porters, and hotel service
Price person (sharing double) $4,995 ($832/day)
$750 per person for bookings made 90 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 90 days prior to departure
Cancellation: Super Strict
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
[Our guide] has an incredible amount of knowledge about so many things. He is well-versed in so much of what we find interesting…food, wine, travel, current world events. We appreciated his passion and commitment and to guiding, in general. We hope to travel again soon.
David & Julianne P.
The guides were extremely knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, organized and gracious. They always went above and beyond and were a pleasure to travel with.
Small group size and quality of guides distinguishes from the others.
Thanks for pushing me a little on our Spain trip. It was the incentive and confidence builder I needed. On return to Napa, I did a climb I'd been avoiding in good form, even beating some of the more regular, confident riders (all of whom were encouraging me on). You encouragement and suggestions broke some barriers I'd built since my accident. We had a great time. The Rioja ride is another high point of our travel. It is really hard to pick a favorite.
We had incredible moments with the fantastic Spanish landscapes, hotels, meals and wines. We would like to thank especially to the guides, who worked hard to ensure exceptional moments during the trip. Even one afternoon, when we had problems with heavy rain, and the support car had a mechanical problem.
In Business Since 1996
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking