South East Asia Uncovered
Visit: Bangkok, Bangkok/Overnight train, Chiang Mai, Chiang Khong, Mekong River - Pak Beng, Mekong River - Luang Prabang, Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng, Vientiane, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hanoi - Overnight Train, Hue, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta - Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City
Tour Type: Small Group
- This combination trip includes a section in Vietnam that is one of the most popular in the entire Intrepid range.
- Travel by boat, train, plane, private bus, taxi and even on the back of a motorbike!
- Settle in for the night and experience overnight train journeys in both Thailand and Vietnam, set off from Bangkok and Hanoi and wake up ready to explore Chiang Mai and Hue.
- The two day boat journey down the iconic Mekong River passes incredible rural scenery and is one of the must-dos to truly experience South East Asia
- Sample local food wherever you go, from a seafood dinner on Halong Bay, street snacks at markets, a meal at a buddhist nunnery, coconut candy and tropical fruits in the Mekong Delta, and a final dinner at KOTO restaurant.
- There are many chances to do good while you travel, like visiting the organisation COPE, dedicated to helping those injured by unexploded ordinance.
- The perfect blend of included sights and free time to make your own discoveries in some of our favourite destinations, like Hoi An and Luang Prabang.
- Have expert advice on hand the whole way with an experienced local leader to help you get the best out of your time in each country.
Product Code: 133392
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Boat,Motorbike,Overnight sleeper train,Plane,Private Vehicle,Taxi
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Bangkok, Lao Pdr
Finishes: Ho Chi Minh City, Lao Pdr
Duration: 22 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (16), Lunch (3), Dinner (2)
Accommodation: Guesthouse (4 nights),Hotel (14 nights),Overnight boat (1 night),Overnight sleeper train (2 nights)
Price person (sharing double) $3,295 ($150/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking