South India Revealed
Visit: Trivandrum, Varkala, Kerala Backwaters , Kochi, Periyar , Periyar, Madurai, Madurai - Overnight train, Mysore, Mysore - Overnight train, Hampi, Hampi - Overnight train, Goa
Tour Type: Small Group
- India can be a daunting place at times, even for experienced travellers. With a local leader to support you the whole way and take care of all the logistics, you’ll build plenty of confidence in how to find the best food, activities and fun in each destination.
- A group size of up to 16 other travellers means you will have plenty of new friends to share experiences, meals and good times with during your trip.
- Take the atmosphere of Shimla or Darjeeling, add lush tropical jungle and you have the Western Ghats: a hotspot of biodiversity with thundering waterfalls, tea plantations, spice markets, and echoes of a colonial past.
- Get a taste of southern Indian cuisine, indulging in sweet chutneys, seafood curries, stuffed dosa and more. Here's a sampling of what is in store for your tastebuds: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/foodies-guide-south-india/
- Glide through the backwaters of Kerala on a pole boat, going ashore for an village homestay - a beautiful break from hotels and overnight trains and a perfect way to get close to local customs and culture.
- The word ‘colourful’ gets thrown around a lot when people talk about India, but the gateway towers of Meenakshi Amman Temple truly are a technicolour dream.
- Golden beaches and age-old fishing villages make Goa one of India’s most popular retreats – and the perfect last stop on your adventure.
Product Code: 128537
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Overnight sleeper train,Private vehicle,Public bus,Auto rickshaw,Taxi,Train,Canoe,Boat
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Trivandrum, India
Finishes: Goa, India
Duration: 16 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (3), Lunch (1), Dinner (1)
Accommodation: Homestay (1 night),Hotel (11 nights),Overnight sleeper train (3 nights)
Price person (sharing double) $990 ($62/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking