Thailand & Laos Adventure
Visit: Bangkok, Bangkok/Overnight train, Chiang Mai, Chiang Khong, Mekong River - Pak Beng, Mekong River - Luang Prabang, Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng, Vientiane
Tour Type: Small Group
- This trip combines two fascinating countries over two weeks, giving you the opportunity to discover the best of both - from Thailand's lively capital and activity-filled Chiang Mai, to the riverside tranquillity of Laos and its stunning scenery.
- This is the perfect trip to traverse South East Asia, either as a trip on its own or as a way to link your independent adventures in Thailand or Vietnam.
- Travel on a variety of transport - rock the night away on the rails on a sleeper train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and then drift down the Mekong on a slow boat. Explore cities by tuk tuk, songthaew, bike, canal boat and on foot.
- Discover just why Luang Prabang has UNESCO status as you uncover the French Colonial influence, beautiful temples, traditional arts and the world renown night markets.
- Ensure your holiday gives back by supporting organisations like COPE, which helps those injured by unexploded ordinance left from the Vietnam war, and social enterprise restaurants like those run by Friends International.
Product Code: 128507
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Longtail boat,Taxi,Minivan,Overnight train,Boat,Tuk tuk,Private bus
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Bangkok, Lao Pdr
Finishes: Vientiane, Lao Pdr
Duration: 13 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (8),
Accommodation: Guesthouse (2 nights),Hotel (9 nights),Overnight train (1 night)
Price person (sharing double) $1,336 ($103/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Gung was incredible. Absolutely wonderful lady who I will never forget. She made the trip wonderful - kind genuine and very knowledgable. I would thoroughly recommend her!
My husband (Mathis Wagner) and I booked the Great Indochina Loop and Beautiful Bali tours for our honeymoon and we both had an absolutely amazing time! All the countries we visited have been special in their own ways and we have so many beautiful memories and photos to treasure not to mention new experiences, knowledge and friendships. Having never been on a group tour before we weren't sure what to expect but we are so happy we booked these trips and had the holiday of a lifetime! 'Nes' was a lovely girl but it was hard to understand her accent at times.
It is important to understand and appreciate a culture for what it is. You must go into a country with realistic expectations. As our trip leader said; never hate, don't worry, live simple, expect a little, give a lot, have good friends, and always smile!!! :-)
Not having taken any previous trips with Intrepid, we can honestly say they deliver what they promise, which for us was a wonderful and memorable experience. We would definitely recommend it to anyone with a sense of adventure!
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking