The Great Silk Road
Visit: Beijing, Xi'an, Xi'an - Overnight Train , Zhangye, Zhangye - Danxia Geological Park, Jiayuguan, Jiayuguan - Dunhuang, Dunhuang, Turpan, Overnight Train, Kashgar, China/Kyrgyzstan border - Torugart Pass - Naryn, Bishkek, Don Aryk - Issyk Kul - Kochkor, Son-Köl, Kyzyl-Oi, Suusamyr Valley - Chychkan - Kok-Bel, Osh, KGZ/UZB border crossing - Andijan - Tashkent, Tashkent, Samarkand, Samarkand - Shahrisabz - Bukhara, Bukhara, Gijduvan - Bukhara, Tashkent
Tour Type: Small Group
- Follow the route of the ancient Silk Road, travelling in the footsteps of countless generations of nomads and traders
- Discover the unreal, rainbow-coloured landscape of Zhangye, a UNESCO site that looks like countless pots of bright paint have been spilled across sandstone mountains. You won't be able to put your camera away!
- Uncover the ‘other terracotta warriors’ in Xi’an’s Hanyangling Mausoleum, an authentic and more personal burial site that’s home to tens of thousands of buried pottery figures
- Experience the unique atmosphere of Kashgar’s Sunday Market
- Central Asia is a fascinating and unique mix of ancient Silk Road culture, Soviet influence and striving to redefine nations post independence. Geographically and for a time historically, it is the real centre of Asia.
- The much-photographed Registan in Samarkand is one of the true pinnacles of Islamic architecture. You'll be wowed by the scale, grandeur and beauty of the monuments to iconic figures such as Tamerlane and the Persian influenced madressas, mosques and mausoleums.
- Experience for yourself the legend that is Central Asian hospitality - there's really nothing like being welcomed into a local home or yurt for a meal, chatting with stall holders at bazaars or simply marvelling at the sights alongside locals.
- Kyrgyzstans mountains are its monuments and its majesty. The landscapes here will stay with you long after the journey is over.
- Marvel at the beautiful Song Kol Lake, where in mid-summer you may see flocks of sheep, goats and herds of horses watched over by nomadic herdsmen and their families.
- Stay overnight in a yurt lakeside and live like the locals have for centuries in these portable, felt lined traditional tents.
- Reflect on the important role horses have played in the traditional Kyrgyz nomadic life style while witnessing horseback sports like odarysh (wrestling on horseback), tiyin-enish (where riders try to pick up coins at full gallop) or kok-baru (goat polo).
Product Code: 128302
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Overnight Sleeper Train,Private Bus,Public Bus,High Speed Train,Metro/Subway
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Beijing, China
Finishes: Tashkent, China
Duration: 32 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (17), Lunch (7), Dinner (7)
Accommodation: Hotel (23 nts),Overnight Sleeper Train (2 nts),Guesthouse/Homestay (5 nts),Yurt (1 nt)
Price person (sharing double) $6,640 ($208/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Personalize itinerary with your departure date
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking