The Kokoda Track
Visit: Port Moresby, Kokoda, Isurava, Iora Creek / Templeton’s Crossing / Lokobo, Kokoda Gap / Lake Myola / Efogi, Brigade Hill / Menari, Nauro, Maguli Range / Ofi Creek / Ioribaiwa, Ua-Ule Creek / Goldie River, Owers' Corner / Port Moresby, Port Moresby
Tour Type: Small Group
- Trek the famous Kokoda Track with a local cooperative that ensures local villages and communities benefit directly
- Follow in the footsteps of the Australian and allied soldiers who battled to defend Port Moresby from advancing Japanese forces in 1942. Hear incredible tales of courage and personal sacrifice from the local historian who accompanies you on the trek
- Meet friendly locals and stay in remote villages
- Hike up the arid spines of mountains and through valleys of lush rainforest. This challenging, rewarding adventure invites you to confront your own physical and mental boundaries in the middle of the jungle
- Get to know your personal porter, who will look out for you every step of the way
- Our Intrepid Kokoda trip includes a personal porter for each person on our trip, and one food porter per two Intrepid travellers. This not only ensures that you have the best experience possible, but we are also supporting employment in PNG.
Product Code: 145807
Tour Type: Small Group
Transport: User Defined##Plane,Private Vehicle
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Finishes: Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Duration: 11 days
Physical rating: Basic
Meals: Breakfasts (10), Lunch (8), Dinner (8)
Accommodation: Hotel (2 nts),Village community hut or camping (8 nts)
Price person (sharing double) $3,240 ($295/day)
$400 per person for bookings made 56 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 56 days prior to departure
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
Personalize itinerary with your departure date
considering the Kokoda Trek ? Don't consider - book it & do it ! Amazing trip that will leave you in awe in more ways than you will realise. Journey for your body as well as your soul. Your beautiful Papuan porters will make you appreciate the mateship our diggers experienced. Do it !!!
On most of the days we finished hiking by 12pm so it was a little boring sitting around with nothing to do and nowhere to go until it was dark enough to go to sleep.
Intrepid TravelIntrepid Travel has come a long way since its beginnings in 1989. From two university friends, a typewriter and a kitchen desk, it is now a proud member of PEAK Adventure Travel Group Limited, taking over 100,000 travellers every year. Intrepid Travel is part of PEAK’s Intrepid Group of companies, alongside leading small group adventure companies Peregrine, Geckos, Peregrine Reserve, Adventure Tours and The Adventure Company. Despite growing into a global business with over 1,000 staff based all over the world and over 800 different trips across every continent, we’ve remained devoted to the same grassroots values and responsible travel philosophies that we had at the very beginning. On every trip we operate and in every interaction we have with a client, supplier or local, we live our core values everyday:Integrity – Doing the right thingResponsible – Think global, act localGrowth – Stakeholders in our own successInnovation – Thriving on new ideas and embracing changeFun – It’s engrained into who we are and what we doPassion – We are inspired by the work we do and the trips we offer
In Business Since 1988
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking