Zambezi River and Botswana Safari Adventure
Visit: Livingstone, Sipatula, Garampande, Kumba Pits, Livingstone
Tour Type: Small Group
- Class V Zambezi River whitewater rafting
- Raft beneath 360-foot tall Victoria Falls
- Sandy beach safari camps along the Zambezi River
- Helicopter flight through Batoka Gorge over Victoria Falls
- Safari in Botswana's Chobe National Park
- See elephants, giraffes, impala, African or Cape Buffalo, lions, hippos & crocs
Product Code: 127858
Tour Type: Small Group
Guide Language: Engligh
Starts: Livingstone, Zambia
Finishes: Livingstone, Zambia
Duration: 8 days
Physical rating: Basic
- Skilled, professional guide service provided by our affiliate operator
- All meals from breakfast day 2 through breakfast day 8
- 3 nights catered camping
- 4 nights lodging (based on double occupancy)
- Waterproof bags to hold your gear for the trip
- Two-person tents on a shared basis (there is a $30 charge for a private tent)
- Sleep kit—consisting of a sleeping bag, Thermarest-style mattress and chair.
- Personal flotation device (PFD) which must be worn at all times on the river in compliance with safety regulations
- Eating utensils, cups and plates
- Highest quality inflatable rafts and related equipment
- Transfers from and to Livingstone Airport on scheduled arrival and departure dates
- All park fees and necessary permits
- Gratuities for incidental services, such as bell-boys, drivers, servers, etc.
- 27-oz Klean Kanteen water bottle
Price person (sharing double) $3,950 ($494/day)
$800 per person for bookings made 60 days or more prior to departure
Full Amount for bookings made less than 60 days prior to departure
Cancellation: Super Strict
Price does not include airfare (to the Trip start & from the end location)
Trip Price generally includes accommodation, transport/transfer, activities, services of a professional guide & more. (Please refer to the include/excludes section for details)
Tour packages spare you the hassles of trip planning, a la carte booking, organizing and managing the logistics at a foreign location.
OK Folks, You have seen the YouTube videos and yes you will probably go swimming on rapid No 10 but it is SAFE and the water actually feels good when it is 100 degrees out. Plus, you will definitely want to have that in the video of the trip. For those who have done the FU in Chile this is a big step up with great rides and huge whitewater. Guides were great. And if you want to see animals..lots of them, you will enjoy the Safaris. This was definitely a trip of a lifetime. Thanks!!
What a trip!!! The whitewater is amazing, and I fear that all other raft trips will have to compare with "But on the Zambezi....". The river is big, beautiful, rushy, and fun, and most importantly SAFE. To anyone reading, please don't be daunted by youtube videos. It is an amazing river. Thanks to our guides for the most amazing time on the river. And then there is Chobe: elephants, hippos, crocs, leopard, giraffes, wild dogs, hyennas, etc. It was all perfect and wonderful. Thank you for the trip of a life time. I havent stopped smiling. Just great in all ways.
This trip is truly one of a kind. If you are looking for the worlds best rafting with THE BEST guides this is the trip for you. They exceed expectations all the way through. This was our first trip to Africa and our plane landed 2.5 hours late. When we got through customs a smiling guide was still there and waiting on us! No stress planning, they literally take care of everything for you. The accommodations range from rustic to classy. The guides pride themselves on individualizing the trip to exceed your expectations and needs. Some rafting experience would be a plus for this trip for sure. This trip does require some heavy lifting and hiking up and around on rocks. The camping and food is top notch river fare. The helicopter ride is a great end to the river trip. Our safari was a blast. There's almost too much to do and see there. Food at the Elephant Valley lodge is great, and a few Gin and tonic's (for anti-malarial purposes =P ) doesn't hurt. We saw everything from lion's and leopards to birds and crocodiles. We honestly felt this trip exceeded our expectations from start to finish. I don't think you can get a more worry free and fun Africa experience with anyone else!
This trip was amazing. Rafting the Zambezi is incredible. The rapids are big and loads of fun. Couple that with the killer guides, and you have ta great, exciting rafting trip. I loved being on the river so much I was tempted to join the next trip! Botswana was great. We saw a lot of game in Chobe Park: hundreds of elephant, lions with cubs, a leopard, cape buffalo, kudu, eland. giraffe, zebra, water buck, and tons of beautiful birds. Elephant Valley Lodge was great. One night we could hear elephants getting after hyenas and there was a lion roaring all night. Given the opportunity, I would do this trip again at the drop of a hat.
In Business Since 1969
Book a Trip priced $1900+
When you book a trip over $1,900; You save 5%
Apply promo code while booking